Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$ 290
US$ 279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 184
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 195
US$ 185
  • Breakfast included
US$ 423
InterContinental
US$ 432
US$ 400
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 284
US$ 208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 291
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
US$ 331
US$ 290
Travelocity
2,023 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingwwii museumattending a conferencefull kitchenwithin walking distancevalet staffking suitewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I would probably rate this higher except for several things that bothered me. It is a very attractive building that is well kept. Breakfasts were great, something for everybody. Coffee and tea were available 24 hours. Multiple rest/meeting areas in the huge lobby. Desk staff was helpful. I found the concierge the opposite. He sat there and never made any suggestions when asked, had little knowledge of area or maybe was just lazy. I was totally unimpressed. We got more help from the desk staff. We had intended to tour as well as attend our convention. There were always taxis available. The location was the best for the convention center but far from the fun. The Convention Center was right across the street and for that reason, I would return to this hotel. There was nowhere to eat in the hotel except for microwavable and junk food. The major reason I gave this an average is that the carpet in our room was damp. The entire room was damp, actually. I hand washed a shirt that I wanted to rewear. It was a travel shirt that was supposed to dry quickly and has in the past. It took four days to dry. Now, I understand that NOLA is humid. But damp carpets and musty room were too much to bear. I will definitely ask to see the room if I ever have to return.

Room Tip: A garden view is nice. It gives you a panoramic view of the city and overlooks a garden across the street. Beds are the most comfortable I've slept in in a long time. Duvets are very cozy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzegal
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our cruise returned to New Orleans on Thursday morning and we chose to spend the day seeing some of the city. We had made advance reservations with Hampton but our room was not ready at 10:00 a.m. The bell man tagged our bags for us so we could walk around without having to worry about our luggage. The desk clerk said she would call us when our room was ready. Gave her my cell number and within a couple of hours they called. Our room was in the "new" side of the hotel, had a view of the highway and traffic on a side street, but that was no problem. The room was very clean; comfortable king size bed; the expected Hampton Inn amenities!! Breakfast was much better than usual, oatmeal, assorted fruits, cold cereals, western omelets, sausage and hashbrowns and coffee, juice and hot tea. This hotel is right across from the convention center, a fairly easy walk to Riverwalk Mall & the cruise port. We actually walked all the way through the French Market before we hopped a ride on the street car. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pianoplayerla
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel offers exactly what you expect from Hampton Inn - reasonable prices, a nice breakfast buffet, good beds and free Internet. But it adds a good location - not in the French Quarter, not at the Superdome, but priced lower and within easy walking or cab distance of all the attractions. And unexpectedly, the lobby is lovely, there's a charming courtyard, and an attractive bar for cocktails. Our room was quite stylish with good draperies and a handsome window.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Checked into this hotel for a convention. Was given a basic room that would have been acceptable for a business trip, but found out that the cold water had been turned off to the bathroom sink due to a leak - all that I got was scalding water. The guy who came upstairs to 'fix' it said that it had been like that for a week. I'm not sure why they were renting out a room with such a dangerous issue, but fortunately the hotel had a couple other rooms. I was upgraded for free to a really nice suite, so kudos to the staff for going above and beyond in that regard. It is quite a distance from the French Quarter, so I was able to work off all of the food and beverages I ingested.... but if I was there for pleasure I'd probably pick a closer place. The staff were really pleasant and friendly and it was really convenient to get to the convention center.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of nights at this facility prior to taking a cruise out of New Orleans. While it is a 15 minute walk from the French Quarter, it is very convenient to the ship terminal. The walk is not onerous and a few hundred yards away is access to the street car line and the Riverwalk shopping area.

The rooms were very comfortable and quiet and we thought reasonably priced. We can't say enough good things about the staff at the hotel. From arrival to departure they bent over backwards to accommodate us. Even though we had not booked the Cruise package, they made sure we could take the shuttle to and from the terminal, and since our return flight didn't take off till early evening, allowed us to store our bags for a few hours after we disembarked so we could see around the city. Everyone from the front desk staff to the young men who ran the baggage check were unfailingly polite and helpful. We will certainly come back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple