Our cruise returned to New Orleans on Thursday morning and we chose to spend the day seeing some of the city. We had made advance reservations with Hampton but our room was not ready at 10:00 a.m. The bell man tagged our bags for us so we could walk around without having to worry about our luggage. The desk clerk said she would call us when our room was ready. Gave her my cell number and within a couple of hours they called. Our room was in the "new" side of the hotel, had a view of the highway and traffic on a side street, but that was no problem. The room was very clean; comfortable king size bed; the expected Hampton Inn amenities!! Breakfast was much better than usual, oatmeal, assorted fruits, cold cereals, western omelets, sausage and hashbrowns and coffee, juice and hot tea. This hotel is right across from the convention center, a fairly easy walk to Riverwalk Mall & the cruise port. We actually walked all the way through the French Market before we hopped a ride on the street car. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn