“Very well based hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans
Ranked #50 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel itself is in a very good position, within walking distance of Bourbon Street but far enough away from the noise. Reception staff (James) was welcoming and helpful making check in easy. Warm cookies on arrival were a nice touch.
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. However, the rooms could do with a bit of a paint job and the door to our room was difficult to close as it stuck and needed a good push to get it to close.
A big thank you to the lady behind reception in the evening (Who's name to my shame I cannot remember) She organised an early morning call and a taxi to take us to the airport. Overall I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Cristhian H, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

faythompson,
We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your location and that our staff was accommodating from arrival to departure. We'll be sure to recognize James for his hospitality. We have also shared your comments with our Engineering team so they may address the issues with the room. Thank you for leaving us a review and hope to see you again soon.
Cristhian H.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The property is in a perfect location. Across the street from the Casino and 2 blocks from the French Quarter. The property is very clean and the beds are extremely comfy!
Also, considering the hustle and bustle of the City and all the activity going on outside you can not hear a thing in your room which is awesome!
There is a very good restaurant on the property as well a bar and a coffee shop.
The staff is well trained, very kind and eager to answer any and all questions you may have with the property or the city itself.
Minor potential issues that any visitor may not like:
-Parking can be difficult if you do not want to pay the $40 valet
-The pool was very murky and green which was kind of odd
-Needed to print some tour tickets out on the computers near the front desk but the
computers would not access the internet for some reason.

Problem experienced:
I accidentally left my very pricey suit jacket, suit vest and button up shirt in the closet.
( i know 100% on my life I left it in the closet and didnt take it with me)
I called the hotel hours later and they said they would call me back within hours and never did. I went to the property the next day and the front desk advised that the room was vacant after my stay and the items may still be in the closet. They sent someone up to check and it wasn't there and housekeeping never turned it in. They advised they would research/investigate and call me later.
Well, no call was ever made.
I went to the property the 3rd day, A wonderful Head of Security gentleman said he would make a formal complaint to corporate for me. I received a call from corporate security asking more questions about my items the very next day however since then no further updates have occurred. Tragic this happened, and yes its my fault for leaving my items but still, kind of saddened that the items haven't surfaced so if you decide to stay at this property, make sure you do not leave anything behind.

Final Analysis:
Generally, the property is well worth the stay considering location, value, amenities, cleanliness and quietness. I've stayed at many NOLA hotels and this property is well worth the stay overall and I will most likely stay here again in the near future upon a re-visit to NOLA however because of my experience with my lost items I would just be more vigilant on making sure I leave no items behind as my thought would be there is no way I will get it back from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

lmarl72936,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay despite some hiccups and the lost garment. We'll definitely use your feedback to make improvements and have made our Security Director aware of it as well to further look into this matter. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

From the time we checked in at 1 am, to the time we returned to retrieve our bags from the very convenient bag check to head back to the airport long after we had checked out, this place was amazing!! What struck me straight away was the efficiency of the front desk staff and of course those signature cookies! Then, the cleanness of the room was over the top impressive! I loved that there was a concierge if we needed any dining or entertainment directions or just directions.

Most of all, the restaurant staff went above and beyond. We had breakfast in the restaurant one day and we may have had one of the best waiters that I have ever had in my life. That morning we met the manager, who I believe was named Mike. He was so southern and friendly and when we met again later that night, long after time that room service was over, he was accommodating and had food brought up to our room.

The hotel is a short walk to the French Quarter or if your feet are tired, just get Uber or take advantage of the many dining options and attractions that are on this same downtown block! If you want to experience real southern hospitality, be sure to stay here! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Cristhian H, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

arizona_8,
We're very happy that our staff left a lasting impression, and went above and beyond to make sure you were taken care of. We'll also be sure that Mike is recognized for his outstanding service. Thank you for the great review and can't wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the DoubleTree on Canal street and it worked out perfect !!! It's right across the street from Harrahs casino and a pedicab ride from the French Quarter!!! The room was comfortable and clean and of course you can't forget those warm wonderful chocolate chip cookies!!! The location is the best thing about it !!! Close to everything!!! Will stay here when we come back !!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Sidetracksteve,
Glad you have enjoyed every aspect of your visit specially our amazing location. We're definitely near everything New Orleans has to offer and happy you took advantage of it. Thank you for your great comments and see you next time you're in Nola.
Criathian H.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We checked out of 1 hotel and decuded we needed to spend another day in New Orleans, called reservations who had a room available, at a fantastic rate, they checked us in early since there was a room available and the service has been excellent from the check in and throughout our stay, Paige and Brianna have been so polite, accommodating and sweet, will recommend this hotel to our friends and family, will be staying here again on our next trip.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Charmaine M,
Thank you for choosing us to spend the extra night in the city. We're glad that Paige and Brianna have provided you excellent service and they certainly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.