All reviewsevening socialssocial hourfrench quartercomplimentary breakfast and eveninggreat locationrampart streetevening receptionlouis cemeterynewer hotelfull size fridgedecent breakfastfew blockssmall kitchenthree blockshot breakfastclean hotelwalking distance
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Enjoyed my entire stay at Homewood Suites from the time of check in to the time I left the property very convenient location Street car right in front of hotel made it very convenient to get around 3 blocks from Bourbon Street l liked the safety feature of using your key to enter the hotel after 10p great

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Eboni G, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Michelle,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy that you chose to stay with us for your birthday. We are happy that our location turned out to be a safe and convenient location during your time in New Orleans.
We hope to see you during your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The only downside is that there is no free parking. You either pay $39 per day, or find your own paid parking nearby. Besides that, the staff were great. Also, you are within walking distance of restaurant, gift shops, street performers, and more. May be smart to not drive and save money on parking during your stay. Taxis are in abundance there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Eboni G, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our property and our staff is very thankful for recognizing our service.
We look forward to being your home away from home when you return to New Orleans.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The staff was truly fantastic, the hotel was clean and new. It was a beautiful hotel with a very nice fitness area and pool. The problem for me is the location. While walking back from touring New Orleans, in the afternoon, a man followed me to the hotel. He followed me with his hand in his pants saying obscene things. I walked into the hotel and he followed me. He saw security and left when asked if he needed help. I was very scared and did not feel safe. This hotel is close to a part of town you shouldn't be in but I was walking in the afternoon not at night. I loved the hotel, the staff and the service but I was so scared that it ruined the rest of my trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tony W, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for the great review of the hotel and taking time to recognize our team and hotel amenities. I was disappointed to learn of your experience while touring New Orleans as that is very unfortunate. Our team works to ensure that our guest feel safe and secure. We have a number of safety features in the hotel as well as training with our teams to promote the feeling of safety and security.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Very clean, hot shower, lots of neutrogena shampoo cond soaps, lots of options at breakfast. Comfy beds. Bank machine in lobby 4 dollar charge. That's ok with me cause my bank cards stayed in the safe. I used the machine for cash. Best part mon-thurs social includes some food and free wine and beer. We saved a lot on food. They have rooms with full size fridge pots pan dishes glasses. Stovestop and microwave. There's a Walgreens down on canal you can buy eggs bread milk chips whatever. There is a trolley stop for canal on the corner but if you walk a few blocks down canal you can hit st Charles line which is a must do. St Charles trolley gives you access to ww2 confederate museum art museum further down the line lafeyette cemetery and a little farther is the zoo. Each rider day pass cost 3 bucks and you can ride for 24 hour period. Staying at this hotel puts you on the edge of the French quarter away from the noise. I recommend getting a balcony room if you have a smoker. I had read trip advisor reviews about a smoking area with some sketchy folks in the park. Just get a balcony problem solved. It's a busy street too so we sipped wine and watched all the people. It costs an extra 10 bucks a day for balcony. We didn't visit the pool we were too busy. Front desk staff great. There's a concierge that books excursions for you if you wish. We booked everything online prior but if you don't like online then they will do it for you.

So transportation wise it cost 36 for a cab to airport. We only spent 72 dollars total on cabs. We accessed most of this city using the trolleys from this location.

My only warning is that you need to know your surroundings. Being on the border of quarter means you are also on the border of sketchy town. The quarter is sketchy enough. If someone comments on your shoes anywhere in New Orleans. Keep going. This can be a dangerous city. We had absolutely no issues because we were in before 7 pm most nights. If you get loaded drunk and hang in the quarter until the wee hours you are going to meet trouble. You will note most of the tourist things close at 5 or 6 pm. There's a reason. This hotel is key card access to the elevators. It is safe. I felt the most safe in New Orleans at the hotel or in museums. There's also valet parking here. Meaning someone is out front keeping an eye on the front door Parking is pricy and honestly don't even know where the parking was. We just didn't need to worry about it. I was glad we were using the trolleys.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of many of our features and amenities that we offer. Thank you for choosing our property to be your home away from home while in New Orleans.
We hope to see you when you return to New Orleans.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed here for our first vacation in 5 years and the hotel was less than the usual HILTON standards. Complaints went unaddressed until after 3 times on 3 different days. We were charged extra for a room with a balcony, yet they wouldn't supply chairs to use it, was one of five issues we had while staying at this hotel. It was a huge disappointment, considering it was Hilton and we stay at their hotels all over the USA. WE will NOT be back to this location again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to take my call. I was disappointed to learn of your experience during a time that should have been relaxing vacation. I appreciate the feedback and have taken the opportunity to utilize your feedback in coaching and addressing your experience with us with our team. I am confident that our team will improve our response and work to prevent future recurrences.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope our commitment to address and correct the issues earn us the opportunity to see you again when you are in New Orleans!