“The only place to stay in New Orleans”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Ponder Texas
“The only place to stay in New Orleans”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My mom and I visited New Orleans for the first time and stayed at the Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast. As those of you who have stayed there before know, Karen did everything she could to ensure that we had a wonderful time. The location was perfect for us (close but not in the French Quarter), the room was a delight (interesting and comfortable), and Karen provided everything we needed to enjoy ourselves (e.g., a map, a notebook detailing restaurants and other places to visit, a wonderful basket of goodies, delicious coffee, orange juice, and true hospitality). If we make it back to New Orleans, I will do what I can to stay at there again. Thank you, Karen!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston
Reviewed 29 July 2011

As all the reviews have mentioned this place is awesome. Karen is an accomodating, genuine and caring hostess. She was always quick to answer any questions we had and at the same time I was surprised at the amount of privacy I felt staying during our stay. She has thought of everything from umbrellas in the entryway (which came in very handy for us as it was raining often during our trip), mosquito repellant under the sink, wine opener and flatware in the table drawer and New Orleans magazines and books on the nightstand. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. You cannot beat her rates either! I almost felt like we were stealing from her! We would definitely stay here again and have recommended it to all our friends. Be sure to check out the New Orleans Rum tour and City Park while you are in NOLA. I was so surprised at the scale of the sculpture garden and the beauty of the park (the largest urban park in the country). Also, a travel book on New Orleans is highly recommended. I learned all kind of trivia and history from my book. It made my trip even more exciting!! Thanks for the memories Karen!

Room Tip: The larger room has a tiny bathroom and the small room has a large bathroom. We were in the smaller...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharPHouston
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This beautiful little bed and breakfast is a wonderful gem. Only a block or so from Esplanade Avenue, maybe 5 mins walking from Frenchmen Street and about 15-20 from the heart of the French Quarter. Very quiet, lovely neighborhood. Karen was perfect and gave us great suggestions for dinner and places to go. As has been noted in other reviews, the breakfast is a basket of bakery goodies and fruit. We would definitely stay again on our next visit to New Orleans. Plus, you can't beat the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Having never been to New Orleans I had no idea where to stay. I considered all the factors: Cost, location and safety. This place was PERFECT. The location is within walking distance to everything (Jackson Square, French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and my favorite Frenchman Street). It was far enough away from the craziness of Bourbon Street, but close enough to walk. We always felt safe, and there are great places to eat right outside your doorstep (Port of Call was the best!). Karen the innkeeper was incredibly nice and helpful and will give you a map and tips when you arrive as well as a basket of goodies! Do yourself a favor and stay here to ensure a great get-way at a very reasonable price. We’ll be back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tw143143
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I’ve spent more time down in New Orleans than my own city (at least it feels that way), so I have stayed in a lot of hotels and B&Bs. I can honestly say that this one is one of the best in the city! The Dauphine House, in the Marigny neighborhood, is a delightful B&B. Karen is one of the loveliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She knew I was in NO for a research trip, so she gave me a lot of information on take-out and small neighborhood joints that were just around the corner. The room was great and the bathroom was HUGE! The room includes a small refrigerator and microwave and the house has free Wi-Fi. All of this was vital to my stay since I was in my room quite a bit. This place is a home away from home! Karen left an extremely large goodie basket for me every day, which was wonderful for a quick, on the go snack. I highly recommend The Dauphine House to anyone heading down to NO!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo