“Large rooms and a great location”

Wyndham La Belle Maison
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of January and found this to be a perfect place to stay. The location is ideal--close to the French Quarter, but away from all the crowds. The room we were in was very spacious and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in March - my only regret is that we couldn't get a room on the last night we stayed in the city, so had to move elsewhere. Rooms (well, apartments) were huge - bigger than my 1-bed flat in London! We had an outer room with windows though - not sure if the inner rooms were smaller and I would definitely make sure I asked for an outer room if I stayed again.

Having a kitchenette was really handy, as was an actual dining table. It was a bit weird having no windows in the bedroom but it wasn't an issue really. TV in the bedroom as well as the living room was a luxury. Decor was good throughout the hotel.

I know some people here have complained previously about the pushy timeshare sellers - the check-in guys directed us to them after we'd been given keys and we foolishly went not realising - but then as soon as they started talking about free tours and city maps we just politely said we had everything we needed and left. When we got back to the room the next day after being out all day there was paper pushed under the door to say someone was going to come and knock on our door at 10am in the next day to talk to us about a free city tour - luckily the jetlag got us up early and we weren't there (if I was trying to lie in I might have been annoyed to be woken!). After that we heard nothing more.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morgie111
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I work for wyndham so my trip was very cost effective. The hotel is nice and you could not have asked to be in a better location. The rooms are very nice, spacious and to the naked eye they seem to be very very clean but if your anal as some folks are then you may not want to look behind the fridge and in places like that like I did. Other than that my experience was GREAT and I couldn't have asked for a better BDAY especially w a bar(chuck's) directly across the street that stays open 24hrs a day!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank DK_FLOrlando
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Classy & luxurious. Decor is delightful - perfect New Orleans french flair & class. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Desk gives good directions and recommendations. Location is an easy walk & safe walk to the Quarter & even closer to Harrah's Casino. It's quiet - far enough from the quarter to get a good night's sleep. I've stayed there twice - once there was delay at check in in cleaning the rooms, but the staff was apologetic and genuine. They made a good recommendation to go across the street to another hotel to have some lunch. It was ready when we got back. No big deal. There's a small but nice salt water soaking pool (probably 10' long by 8' wide) & a hot tub. It's in a quaint courtyard & garden area with a fountain. Very unique and a nice place to relax. They also put out nice lemonade and other treats in the afternoon. I'll stay there every time I go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with views facing the river. These have outside windows.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cboyce013
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The room and amenities were very good. The location was ideal and only a couple of blocks from the French Quarter and the waterfront. The staff was outstanding. They were helpful and curious and always available when needed. The staff helped make the whole experience very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends