Marquette House New Orleans International Hostel
US$ 356
US$ 337
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 231
  • Breakfast included
US$ 518
US$ 468
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 408
US$ 333
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$ 355
US$ 344
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 386
US$ 221
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 313
US$ 301
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 322
US$ 374
US$ 336
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

For $30 or so a night, I truly have very low expectations. The mattress need not be comfortable, the facilities need not be beautiful. Nothing could have prepared me for the infestation of bed bugs and fleas, however, at Marquette House. It's clear from the facilities that "deferred maintenance" isn't the problem — there's just no maintenance at all. The facilities are dirty and run-down, the bathrooms are literally disgusting and unsanitary. The fleas from the carpet will chow down on your legs while the bed bugs lick their lips preparing for their late night feast (for which you have a reservation!). I might have been able to deal with the fleas (seriously, the thought crossed my mind), but when the bed bugs crawled out, I made the decision to sleep in my car until I could make other arrangements. Beware.

Room Tip: Try one of the other hostels in New Orleans or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank J D
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Location! Price! Personality!

We stayed in the 2 bedroom self contained apartments located across the street from the main building of the hostel and couldn't have been happier.

The apartment was clean and a decent size for the 3 of us, with comfy beds and A/C...there was even a bath in my private ensuite bathroom (which I happily relaxed in because it was so clean, really)!

The staff consisted of your usual New Orleans cha-rak-ters, which I loved, but more importantly looked after the hostel and us well, giving us local tips, secrets, and extra help.

As we were in NOLA for Jazzfest, we were out most of the time, so the stay may have been different if i'd stayed in the whole time but...you're in New Orleans! The are too too many good times to be had to stay in, much less sleep for more than 4 hours a night :-)

Room Tip: Just remember. It's a hostel. Not the Grand Hyatt.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beeeka
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here as part of a large volunteer group on a service project and had a very good experience. Although the rooms and overall accommodations were spartan, they were clean and functional. The few small issues that we had were dealt with quickly by the management. I recommend that large groups renting a private kitchen/meeting area as this will facilitate breakfast or other meals, meetings, and other gatherings. The Garden District location (one block from the St. Charles streetcar line) was convenient for our work and getting to things to do at night. Overall, a very good and reasonably-priced experience.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Evan06
Reviewed 4 January 2012

was in a 5 private room, with 2 rooms, huge living room!!
heard there were bed bugs, but didnt see any, so I loved it!
ANd the area is great too : by the tramway : go there!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guillaume_Houston
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Don't go there! We were attracted for the price (20 $ for Nola is quite cheap) but is not worth. It's dirty, the staff is unkind, the place is creepy and not so close to the center! Really bad experience, the rooms are full of dead cockroches, and we had the feeling that there are Bed bugs too.

Tony from Italy