2,222 results
All reviews carondelet street great location french quarter bourbon st two blocks the breakfast area free breakfast corner room valet parking rooms are huge high ceilings brick wall historic building key card would stay here again valet service within walking distance
Reviewed 15 July 2018

My mother and I stayed at the Hampton Inn while we were attending a Moose convention, LaRonda at the front desk was very personable. Her smile was contagious and she was efficient. Cassady was great too. We were on the 5th floor. The room was huge to me! Two queen beds that were extremely comfortable. Nice pillows (4 on each bed). Both my mom and I loved the "duvets" (can't really think of an accurate description), We;d buy a couple if we could! Lol. Not many TV channels to choose from but, you're in NOLA right? No complaints with the bathroom at all. Was in great shape. Maid service was impeccably timed.

Breakfast was on the 4th floor. Made our life pretty interesting at times since we were on the 5th. Nice spread kept well stocked. Seems the menu is on a three day rotation. A different egg selection daily. Waffle, cereals, fruit, pastries, oatmeal, a wide selection of bread. Something for everyone. Good coffee.

My 2cents on security. I thought it a good idea, the need to swipe your key card to go up in the elevator. Seeing how the hotel is located within a block or so of the intersection of Bourbon & Canal Sts.....there were always people hanging about outside. Never felt in danger though. A lot of then were fellow Moose members having a smoke. Lol.

To sum it up, I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn. Thank you LaRonda & Cassady for kicking things off for us! Thanks for the razor too, Cass. Every staff member I encountered was great. Thank you all for an awesome experience,

Room Tip: I really can't say. My experience was on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Fanci H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thanks so much for staying with us. I'm glad our staff was so accommodating. We do appreciate your business and would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Stayed here during essence and was the perfect distance from everything. Perfect for short walks and uber rides. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff is friendly and rooms and are a good size for groups.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank katonya j

Thanks so much for staying with us. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We decided to stay after a week long cruise out of New Orleans. I was nervous about where to stay because I had not been to New Orleans before. I picked a winner. The staff from the front door all the way to the breakfast dining room were excellent. I really have no complaints, but if I were to pick one, it would be to maybe change out some of the chairs in the lobby that looked a little worn. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mw6004120
Justin N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The Hampton Inn is in walking distance to the French Market, Convention Center and Mercedes Benz Superdome! It’s centrally located in the French Quarter. The service was good but not great! It’s adjacent to a shopping center. Housekeeper placed pillows and sheets on the dirty floor rather while cleaning and used water only. Didn’t disinfect the surfaces!

Room Tip: Suite was spacious but the view was of the building next door
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Justin N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

I'm sorry to hear your stay was not enjoyable. Please call the hotel to discuss further.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

This hotel is same street as Bourbon on downtown side.
This hotel does charge a parking fee..
Great breakfast buffet.. They even upgraded our room to a city view day 2 of our stay.
the staff is excellent. I don't know if there is a pool. but remember this location is on downtown side .. so traffic can be a hassle at peak times.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great rating and review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us here in NOLA! I will definitely be passing off your praises to our hard working staff. I hope we are lucky enough to have you again next time. Have a wonderful evening and safe travels!