All reviewsmiss anniegarden districtbanana treesmansion roomblack queensouthern breakfastbed and breakfastfrench quarterclaw foot tubcharles streetcarevery morninghot breakfastbreakfast was amazingthe penthousethe main housewwii museumstayed longer
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After so many stellar reviews, we had high expectations, but were, overall, disappointed. Pros: good location, near WWII museum and trolley, free parking, quiet location near Garden District, good value for money. Room was large with adequate bathroom and shower although almost no shelf space in the bathroom for toiletries. Small table and two chairs in the room, but no fridge. Cons: We specifically chose the front room with its own porch so we could sit outside, but frankly, it is unappealing, located on a busy road and with a view of a parking lot. The interior courtyard is much nicer. The room was noisy; we heard footsteps during the night, each night from the room above us. The staff was mostly not available at the front desk, including when we arrived for check-in--no one there, no one answering the phone. Breakfast starts late at 7:30 with a very minimal cold selection of items, and the one daily hot item (no choice) is not available until closer to 8. Overall, I guess I would stay here again basically due to the good location, free parking, and value for money; I'd just adjust my expectations downward.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, General Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We do ever so much appreciate your honest feedback of your experience while at the Creole Gardens. While we do self admittedly have some areas in which we wish to improve (shelf space, room amenities) we'd like to take a moment to shed light on some of the issues you experienced during your stay as to better aid others in making their decision on where to book! During the course of your stay one major factor to take into consideration would be the actual dates of which you chose to visit. It may not have been intentional, but you stayed with us over the Mardi Gras Holiday. The parades bring in accompaniment throngs of revelers to our city and because of our proximity to the main parade route our guests and the folks on the "busy road" can be a little rowdier than normal. We certainly wish you had chosen to share with us your issues in regards to "footsteps during the night" and your feelings that your room was overall "noisy". We'd have happily spoken with the person staying above you as well as worked to accommodate a request to move you to a more quiet room. Breakfast times on the weekends and weekdays fluctuate. Weekdays 7:30-9:30, weekends 8:30-10:30 and our daily hot breakfasts are available for order promptly at the start of each breakfast service. We might add that those hot breakfast items are cooked to order and that one should expect a few minutes time between the skillet and the plate. We'd also like to add that it's not one item but instead an entire hot meal (eggs cooked to order, pancakes, Cajun potato hash, french toast etc) the menu changes daily. We also offer an assortment of complimentary toasts, bagels, yogurts, granola's, and pastries. Our office is open and fully staffed between the hours of 7:30AM each morning and 9PM each evening. We are terribly sorry we weren't able to immediately greet you upon your arrival to the hotel, we were however accommodating another guest's arrival at that time and giving them a tour of the property much the same as we did for you. We understand we aren't a perfect fit for everyone, but we highly suggest that should you have any questions regarding a future stay that you call us directly! We'll happily help you choose rooms and answer any questions you may have! Thank you once again for your feedback and if you ever feel the urge to give us another shot please do!

Thank You!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I loved the visit overall. We did have a couple of issues that were unfortunate... when we arrived early, they provided information for traveling & places to eat local and held our luggage. Upon return to check in they delayed us even longer than they promised and since we drove all night we were exhausted. The desk representative then went on to give extreme details and his life story in order to delay the cleaning process. We missed breakfast the first morning due to an early tour we had booked, but they didn't have anything for us to grab & take like they said. Second day, breakfast was WONDERFUL. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We are happy you enjoyed your overall visit with us. We are sorry your check-in experience was less than stellar. Check-in begins at 3:00 and we cannot always accommodate early requests due to housekeeping requirements. We do offer coffee, tea or ice water and a comfortable place to wait if necessary.
Breakfast is served during a two hour period each morning. The coffee and tea are available 24 hours. Guests are welcome to take any buffet items away with them, but, again, these are only available during breakfast hours.
Please, do visit with us again. We enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Creole Gardens for five nights with our two dogs and everything was perfect!! The location, breakfast (thanks Barbara) ALL the staff (the owner was even present in the garage on music nights) The parking lot was safe. A place close to walk our dogs.
Water, tea, and coffee available 24 hours. So close to the streetcar. And another favorite was the banana trees in the courtyard. They were SO awesome and they’re only a couple feet tall now. The property had a very Key West comfortable feel to it. We loved it SO much my husband and I are talking about renewing our vows there. 5 Stars ++

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I hardly know what to say beyond "thank you!". You were all such a delight to have here with us and we are truly excited at the idea of your renewing your vows. see you again soon..

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I am a World War II historian, and this was my third trip to National World War II Museum in New Orleans to do some research for a project that I am working on, and Creole Gardens was the best place I have stayed in those three trips. It is truly a taste of old New Orleans, with enough modernization to be comfortable. A small refrigerator in the room and a safe would have been nice amenities, but I survived just fine without them.

Creighton, the manager on duty when I arrived, was quite courteous and informative, and escorted me to my room so that I knew exactly how to navigate the mansion. My room (B7) had a view of the spacious courtyard. I liked the old wood floor a lot. The shower was definitely snug and as the flyer in the room says, the plumbing is a bit old, but it was all comfortable and added to the charm of the place. The room, bed, and bathroom were very clean. I am a bit picky when it comes to bathroom cleanliness and amount of towels, and I have no complaints here. They host Jazz and drinks in the building off of the courtyard on Thursday evenings. I am a retired DJ, but not really a Jazz fan, so I didn't go in, but it looked enjoyable for those in attendance when I walked by.

The breakfast served each morning was a wonderful variety of Southern American cuisine and was cooked perfectly. It wasn't fancy, but it was tasty and filling. The ladies that run the dining room and kitchen were very gracious and polite.

The hotel is in walking distance of the museum, but I have had two spinal cord injuries, and as I get older, I need to limit my walking and I knew I would be walking a lot at the museum, so I drove there each day, and I drove to a couple of places for dinner during my 3-night stay. On the second night I walked to St. Charles Ave. for dinner at about 9 p.m. in a small burger and barbecue place (you haven't had barbecue until you've had Louisiana barbecue). The surrounding area felt completely safe. I rented a 2018 Chevy Camaro at the airport and it was safe in the parking lot of the hotel the whole time I was there.

I honestly wish my wife had joined me on this trip, because she would have fallen in love with the place, but she doesn't share my enthusiasm for things historical, and would have been bored to tears at the museum after a while. I seriously wished that I could have stayed a couple of more days. If I make another trip to New Orleans, I am staying Creole Gardens. Oh, one last thing: After I had arrived, I read something online about the place being haunted. I was a bit disappointed, I must say, that I didn't experience any evidence of this. Maybe next time...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank ETO_Buff
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for a wonderful review. We will try to entice one of our resident ghosts to visit with you next time.

There is so much here to enjoy beyond the museum, perhaps your wife could be enticed to come with you for the food, music, art, etc.

On Friday evenings, Annie, our cook and local dj spins vinyl from her amazing collection in the roadhouse - oldies and goodies. As a former dj you might enjoy it.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights at Creole Gardens with our 2 dogs. The fenced in courtyard was great for the dogs and the place is very pet friendly. All of the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Its also in a great location. One block from the St. Charles trolley and there’s a ton of restaurants in the neighborhood. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you. You were rather awesome yourselves! We thoroughly enjoyed having you all here with us. Please do come again for another visit when you can.