Stayed there for 4 days.
Pros - 1) walkable to the convention center (if you are going there for a conference)
2) yummy breakfast
3) some of the staff is very nice
4) easy self check in even if you're late (although no one emailed us to tell us the procedure, I happened to call the day of arrival and asked, how we get our room keys at midnight and was given a code to let ourselves in).
Cons - 1) It is rather run down: no curtains, just cloth hanging on a rod
2) This was the worst for us: no room cleaning for the 4 days. We had to ask and wait a while to get fresh towels on day 3
3) no WiFi reached our room (the renovated servant quarters on the 2nd floor)
4) old fashioned TV (not a big deal for us)
5) no late check out -- 11 am!
Given that it is not cheap (we paid almost $140-$150 per night), the cons are not acceptable. It had some pluses, but I don't think we'll stay here again for this much money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, this property features 24 rooms in several 1840's historic mansions and converted servants quarters, centered around a lush, tropical courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. FREE Hot Southern Breakfast served daily. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast