“Great start to the New Year!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chimes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great start to the New Year!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

All I can say is WOW! My wife and I wanted to start the new year off right. We decide that we would get away and try to relax. before getting back to our daily grind. I chose Chimes because of reviews that I read, and it was a really easy decision, after having Jill help with a reservation that I was trying to make on line. I knew that the owner was a special person, just by speaking over the phone, I immediately felt that I was important. From the conversation around the breakfast table to the attention of every detail, this is a special destination, run by special people. I hope that more people get the opportunity, to feel how we left there feeling. We have already booked our next visit in April. Thanks Jill.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York City
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I'm fussy about where I sleep, and the Chimes bed was a perfect combination of deluxe comfort and peace and quiet. The little courtyard had a lovely Chinese sculpture that I did a drawing of one morning before heading the three blocks to Magazine Street, a major artery in Nola for shopping and eating. Our hosts were generous with help and delicious breakfasts. It all went by too fast. And when I forgot my favorite jade earrings, Jill mailed them back. She also recommended an eco bayou trip that was really unforgettable. We walked and took buses most of the time, and even found out about 2 parades by visiting the Backstreet Cultural Museum in Treme. Why haven't we done more to help Nola?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank make-more-art
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
You did help New Orleans by spending your travel dollars at a privately owned bed and breakfast, eating in local restaurants and shopping on Magazine Street. Your art makes the world a happier place. Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This Thanksgiving was only the most recent of many times I have been at the Chimes- I've stayed in each of the rooms, all are charming, well kept up, and scrupulously clean. The breakfasts are delicious with fresh fruit, bread and pastries, delicious cheese and eggs. Jill and Charles are wonderful hosts and
helpful whatever your needs.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jane S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Chimes provided a fantastic experience all the way around! The location, ambiance, hospitality, delicious breakfast and charming setting all made for a perfect experience. The suite was so spacious and accomodating, it felt like a home. The courtyards are cozy and inviting, and made it hard to leave to take care of business. I loved the well-stocked honor bar! Will definitely stay at The Chimes the next time I get to New Orleans!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mitch A
Olney, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have stayed at The Chimes several times in the past. This was my first visit back to New Orleans in eight years but when we arrived it felt like only yesterday. I'm already planning my next visit and of course, a stay at The Chimes.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed is a little different but each has it's own charm. There isn't a...