Place d'Armes Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 468
US$ 366
US$ 332
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$ 352
US$ 344
US$ 351
US$ 311
  • Fitness centre
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 301
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 322
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 386
US$ 223
US$ 429
US$ 389
2,481 results
All reviewsjackson squareinterior roomann streetcontinental breakfastcafe dufrench quarterbourbon streetperfect locationlouis cathedralbeautiful courtyardwithout windowsno windowjunior suiteprivate balconysmall pooltwo blocksexposed brick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We have stayed at the Place d'Armes several times and it's the only place we will stay. Not interested in trying another hotel. Unbelievable price for the location, so close to Cafe Du Monde you can smell the beignets. We have stayed in the spacious, balcony rooms, as well as the cozy interior rooms and have been completely satisfied. Friendly staff and beautiful courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is a wonderful hotel with lots of charectar. We had a room in the Courtyard and it was just lovely. Lots of trees and plants, water fountain, swimming pool. You could almost forget where you are sitting there. Continental breakfast was okay. Same thing everyday, would had been nice if it was mixed up a bit...maybe bagels one day or sweet rolls. Room was a little dark for my liking. I would have preferred a brighter room. Cold water seemed to not exist...we were there in August so maybe the pipes are just not bringing cold water up. Room had a safe to use which was nice to have.

Hotel is located about 1/2 a block from Jackson Square. Lots of restaurants located close by. Best place if you want to be close to everything. River was 2 blocks away.

We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Be careful when reserving your room. Do not reserve inner rooms...they don't have windows..unless you like that, they were cheaper. We upgraded to the courtyard for a few more dollars.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed two nights August 16& 17, 2012. Desk clerks were rude, hardly ever spoke to us. Had to wait 3 hours for our room to be ready. Hotel was very rustic and courtyard was beautiful. The cleaning staff was very nice. Good location, but just felt like they need some customer service training.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor very nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jimmie H
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights during 4th of July week, and absolutely loved it!

We had a balcony room over-looking St. Ann Street with 2 double beds. The room itself was very spacious, and the balcony was huge! The bathroom was a bit small, but that was no big deal. Our room was right next to the elevator, but we never heard a single noise from it.

As everyone else has said, the location cannot be beat.

The breakfast is nothing special, but with all of the great food in New Orleans, who needs hotel food?

I had mentioned when I booked the room (7 months in advance) that my friend and I were celebrating our birthdays...I won't say WHICH one.... When we checked in they asked who was having the birthday, and we told them that it was in between each of ours. When we returned to the room the first night, there was a chilled bottle of champagne in our room! We didn't need anything more to drink that night, so we put it in our fridge, and got OJ the next morning and made mimosas. This was such a nice touch!

As others have said, the front desk staff could be a little friendlier, but when I mentioned on our way out the second day that our television was making a strange noise, she did joke that maybe it was one of the ghosts. When we returned, the t.v. was fixed, but I think that it was maintenence who took care of it quickly, rather than a ghost...

Also, we had requested the fridge and expected to have to pay an additional fee for it, but there was none on our bill. Don't know if it was an oversight, but we didn't even notice until after we had left, so I didn't ask.

My husband and I will be retruning to New Orleans in a couple of years for a conference, and I plan to add a few nights before or after at Place d'Armes!! Maybe next time we'll get to experience one of the ghosts!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanskid
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and I'm convinced its the only place I'd want to stay in Nola. Off a small side street, and literally two blocks from Bourbon street and right on Jackson square. You pay a bit to park there but its worth it since you're so close to everything, you can walk. Quaint hotel, nice rooms, and great service for an incredibly reasonable price...you can't beat it.

• Stayed: August 2012