Place d'Armes Hotel
US$ 356
US$ 337
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 231
  • Breakfast included
US$ 518
US$ 468
US$ 366
US$ 332
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 408
US$ 333
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$ 355
US$ 344
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 301
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 386
US$ 223
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 322
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
US$ 382
US$ 348
Travelocity
2,480 results
All reviewsjackson squareinterior roomann streetcontinental breakfastcafe dufrench quarterbourbon streetperfect locationlouis cathedralbeautiful courtyardwithout windowsno windowjunior suiteprivate balconysmall pooltwo blocksexposed brick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I always stay at the Plade d' Armes in the French Quarter. The European charm of the structure and ambience is outstanding. The rooms are clean and comfortable, absolutely love the courtyard. Safety is one of my main issues at any hotel, I have never been disappointed. We had dinner and brunch at Muriels in the French Quarters- FANTASTIC, Oceana's @ 739 Conti & Bourbon St., seafood crepes -WONDERFUL, Pat O'Brien's crawfish cakes must have every time I visit New Orleans. The paddle boat tour was interesting, we did not have the lunch which consisted of fied chicken and starchy sides. Our Cafe du Monde experience is always one of the first places we visit (the prices have increased). Absolutely love sitting in Jackson Square to people watch. I can't wait or my next trip to the Big Easy!

Room Tip: Any and all rooms are outstanding - would not want a room facing the busy street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MagHoustonTx
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is likely the best place to stay in French Qurter. It is a block from Burbon street but you can sleep in perfect quiet on Mardis Gras night and wake up at 11 am refreshed. Bed is excellent. The hotel is really buitifil but iot is old and old style and just cannot make that spakling clean impression that newer plastioc ones do. So I saw that some reviewers get upset over it. I think they actually scrub it all the time, it is justy an old building. I recommend taking a junio suite (we did) it is very spacious, actually quite a real suite and you can invite friends to spend a night if they stayed late in French Quarter. I recomment asking for second or third flor room over the first one. Don't know about breakast, I never go to hotel breakfast anyway. Stuff is helpful when you need them but otherwise leaves you alonne. It is certainly not a flashy place, very low key and hidden, the Roosevelt will be much better place for theatrics. We were there for romantic escape and it worked very well for us.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony, junior suite room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mgelfand
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We recently stayed four four nights, having booked this hotel sight unseen, based soley on reviews from this site. Our confidence in other people's experiences and opinions was well founded. We too rate the Place d'Armes highly for many of the same reasons as other visitors. The charm and character of the property is readily evident and the photos accurately reflect what you will see when you arrive. The convenience if the location is it's biggest selling point for us. We literally parked the car for the four days and walked or short cab ride to any destination we needed to visit. You are literally at Ground Zero for experiencing the French Quarter. We stayed in a Junior Suite with a private courtyard balcony, a room we have since re-booked for our return trip next fall. Staff were incredible, very accommodating and helpful. The only signifigant disappointment was with wifi service which is very poor, necessitating me sitting downstairs in the lobby or courtyard to get a strong enough signal. (The hardwire connection in the room didn't work). Aside from this hiccup everything else was top drawer! As sataed above, we've already planned a return trip as you just can't experience New Orleans in 5 days! (one quick additional comment, forget Bourbon St. which is like one big frat party, the best music is on Frenchmen St. and area!).

Room Tip: Try for Courtyard facing room with balcony. Great for morning coffee!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rick c
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Would you like to stay at a small cozy hotel with a lot of character? Look no further. The price was very reasonable for spacious rooms, a pleasant continental breakfast, with parking on the premises, and in the heart of the French Quarter. I had to give the Place d'Armes the highest marks.
Their staff was absolutely outstanding! From the parking attendants, to the front desk staff, to even the maintenance man.... everyone was very most helpful and courteous. They showed us what southern hospitality is really about. Before I left I thanked the General Manager, Mr. Valentino, for a "second" wonderful stay.
If you are planning a trip to New Orleans this hotel should be at the top of your list.

Room Tip: I would suggest an inside courtyard room. It overlooks a beautiful pool and pleasant fountains.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank den06611
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have been to New Orleans many times and this is by far our favorite place to stay. It is close to all the action of the French Quarter yet quiet. Staff have always been friendly enough. The courtyard is beautiful and the balcony from our room had a view of St. Louis cathedral and Jackson square. The room was a little small and I don't care much for the louvered bathroom doors but still quite happy with our accommodations. We don't spend very much time in the room anyway...not in New Orleans The croissants at breakfast are heavenly but it would be nice to have a few more items to choose from. We'll definitely return to Place d'Armes, mainly because of the great location.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple