“Could it get any better?”

New Orleans Guest House
Ranked #60 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Savannah, GA
“Could it get any better?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I rolled in - alone - between Christmas and New Year's and spent the most wonderful, pampered, charmed seven days that one could possibly imagine. Alvin and Ray have been at it for "a while" and they've certainly gotten it right. I requested MY room (No. Three) and it was awaiting my late arrival....temperature just perfect, everything sparkling and spiffy. I was thirsting for a Diet Coke and Ray had it at the door in a second. He had a deliver-in menu at the ready in case - since it was late - I didn't want to venture out and lots of "dish" about the latest greatest place to get victuals and have a great New Year's experience. The killer coffee, mango juice, piping-flaky croissants and fresh fruit in the (heated) gazebo every morning was the perfect start to the day and was accompanied by more news about the newest museum exhibits and in-house restaurants and other close-by purveyors of food and drink. When my actual New Year's dining experience was disappointing (they "lost" my reservation), my hosts admonished the establishment to the extent that the manager was on the phone inviting me back for dinner on the house and abject apologies. My departure schedule necessitated early, early rising and a knock at my door revealed one of my hosts (at 5:30 a.m.!!!) with a coffee tray, "Just to be sure" I was up and at 'em. I'm so spoiled: can't wait to return. This place is just across Rampart Street from the quarter, has all the great hospitality and charm (and even off-street parking) a New Orleans bed and breakfast should have......and the best hosts in the city.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SavannahMame
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I am so glad we discovered this place after many trips to New Orleans often on business to see the major sites/sights, usually staying in those business hotels. This place is such a gem in contrast. After exploring the breadth of what New Orleans has to offer, this is your respite, an oasis of hospitality and comfort. The other reviews have been quite accurate. The mattresses and pillows and sheets and towels are fine. Our eclectic room was extremely clean. So we really relaxed after returning from our walks, especially for a good night's sleep. The courtyard garden, however, is also a place for contemplation and reading with a glass of your wine or talking about what you've seen, if you'd like some hours away from the hectic NOLA environment. And a beautiful place to start the day with breakfast and classical music.The staff cares about your whole NO experience and has in-depth knowledge of the usual places, but also special shops and restaurants and deli's for a really enjoyable, but less pricey meal, e.g. a special muffaletta, po' boy or baguette to go for a lunch in the park away from the press of the crowd.Their love of the NO ambiance quickly rubs off on you, even if you have been before, seeing it with new eyes. The location is on the edge of the VC, but nearer to some more lovely areas than those along the river. We seldom wanted to use our parked car, but could have with little hassle.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzophyllum
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed in NOGH in April of 2011. A friend and myself were on a road trip and when we hit LA we googled where to stay. By far the best deal mostly because the price of the room also includes parking. If you plan on going to New Orleans keep in mind that you have to pay for parking every where you go. We brought our own bikes and were able to keep them out at night. Staff was so friendly and breakfast was great. I plan on staying here every time I return to new orleans. Loved the room we stayed in. Room #7. And it is a very short walk to the french qtr.

Room Tip: Loved the whole place. Every room is different.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank cconlan
Groves, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here about 10 years ago. My Daughter is going to N.O. next month, and she is planning on staying here. It's nice for the price. The continental breakfast is really nice in the beautiful courtyard. If I remember correctly it's about a 5 block walk to Bourbon Street, but Mapquest it just in case I'm wrong. We walked it during the day, but we took a taxi back at night, this is especially necessary for females.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I happened upon this place on foot. The person who greeted us was friendly even though it was later at night. The garden in the back was beautiful. The staff the next day was as friendly as the night before. Even though I woke up late (beyond breakfast time) both days we were served breakfast with a smile. I would definitely come back. Check this place out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends