1,887 results
All reviews french quarter within walking distance oysters business district mardi gras beautiful hotel canal street hotel restaurant few blocks wwii museum the entire staff st charles valet parking fitness center an easy walk warehouse district rooftop pool
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Awesome stay at the hotel. From the minute we arrived till we left. The service was so good. Our room was great.so close to all the attractions. The restaurants in the hotel were also very good. From the service to the food. I have to say it was one of my favourite experiences.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Rudado U,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by our team. I am glad to hear that you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course, we also have Pete's - With an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.

Please tell your friends and neighbors about us. We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here when I was in town for a wedding. The service was first class from the moment we walked in until checking out. Beautiful hotel and amenities, and you will not be able to find a better location in New Orleans! A++

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Spencer F,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by our team. I hope that you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course, we also have Pete's - With an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Valet parking at the front was convenient. Check-in was uneventful, everyone very nice. Room was clean, great shower with good water pressure & great King size pillow top mattress on bed. Stayed on 8th floor and was very quiet. Check-out was also uneventful and everyone was very nice and personable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Tim D,

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Granted, we did arrive early in the am around 1 am however I would have expected friendlier customer service. It seems as though a majority of the hotels services cease around 11 pm. I found this information later the next day from the bellhop. The Valet was nowhere to be found upon arrival and we were greeted with lackluster enthusiasm from the front desk clerk. We requested assistance with our luggage as we had a quite a few bags. Luggage assistance never arrived and we carried our luggage to the room ourselves. The positive highlights are that the Hotel is nicely appointed and within walking distance to both the French Quarter and Garden District. I'm sure we may have experienced better service had we arrived earlier in the evening.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Noah G,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that we were not prepared for your arrival late. We have taken action to improve the experience for our guests going forward. We hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The Intercontinental New Orleans is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful staff! Its location is close enough for adults & teenagers to easily walk to many popular attractions and restaurants, yet just far enough away from the constant action so that you can get a quiet rest. There is a street car stop almost directly across the street from the hotel entrance as well. There are ample elevators to ensure little waiting to get to and from your room. They have a nice workout center and an AWESOME rooftop pool with chic-looking seating and accent lighting.

My husband and I arrived at the hotel on a Thursday at around 10am. We walked up to the front desk, fully planning to ask if we could just leave our luggage somewhere in the lobby area while we grabbed a bite to eat and waited to check in. We were pleasantly surprised when the friendly clerk nonchalantly brought up our reservation on the computer and informed us that we could go ahead and check in...with no early check-in fee or other requirements. BONUS!

Upon checking in to our room, we found it to be very clean with immaculate decor and updated furnishings. The bed was comfortable, and PILLOWS were like sleeping on clouds...nearly coma-inducing after being in a NOLA-style heatwave throughout the day. After later discovering that the bathtub floor seemed to be overlooked by the housekeeping staff (some hairs and a black grime spot left), I called the front desk. Even though it was around 10pm by that time, I didn't even have to finish my request before an offer was made to send someone up to clean it for us. "We'll take care of you." seems to be this hotel's sincere mantra. A polite gentleman was at our door within two minutes and took care of the issue promptly and to our satisfaction.

All the staff was cordial. One concierge, Brook, was very patient and helpful in booking last-minute dinner reservations on a Saturday for celebrating our anniversary. (Because of a change in schedule with friends, we actually ended up canceling those and went with another option I made on my own. He was very good at what he did, nonetheless.)

However, my real heroes were Danielle G. and the security staff. Unfortunately, when we reached the airport, I realized that I had left my wallet in our hotel room's safe--unwisely unlocked. I called the front desk and was transferred to Danielle in security. She recorded details and my contact information and told me that she would send a member of her team up to our room to look for it immediately. Danielle returned my call promptly and, thankfully, informed me that my wallet was secured in the hotel security's lockbox. She described over the phone as well as sent a detailed email to show how to have my wallet shipped to my home. After remembering that a friend of ours was still at a hotel nearby, I called back Danielle and asked if it would be okay for him to bring his ID and the reference number to claim my wallet. She said that he could, and she even gave me a call confirming that he picked it up. Danielle was extremely helpful and her tone remained friendly, yet conveyed a sense that she felt the urgency of the matter at hand.

The only negative about the hotel room was that the room door & bathroom wall allowed voices and other sounds from the hallway travel into the room some. With having to be at the airport so early on the morning of our arrival, we took a nap when we returned from brunch and the store. It was then I noticed a noise that sounded like machinery or a mechanical lift. We were so tired that we still slept (it didn't bother my husband at all), but I was left wondering if the noise would continue into the night. While we were out that evening, I called the front desk staff again and found out that our room was positioned near a service elevator. I asked if the service elevator use would likely stop in the evenings, and she confirmed that it would. Even so, she offered that we could switch rooms that night or in the morning...whatever I preferred. Once again, she assuredly said, "We'll take care of you." What TOP-NOTCH customer service!!!!

We had actually stayed at the Intercontinental NO several years before with my mother, and it was nice then. It has improved even more after its multi-million dollar renovation. Don't overlook this place just because it's not right on Canal Street. Very impressive!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Deezie23,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by Brook, Danielle, and our team. I hope that you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course, we also have Pete's - With an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.