All reviews full kitchen living room bourbon street french quarter quiet street pool and hot tub juice and coffee home away from home no elevator perfect location first floor french doors guest house within walking distance small pool old world charm high ceilings
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We enjoyed our 2-night stay at the Grenoble House. As an introduction to New Orleans we wanted to experience the French Quarter for a couple of days before moving on the the quieter Garden District for the remainder of our trip. Grenoble House was located centrally for all of our activities downtown including a riverboat jazz cruise, eating in nearby restaurants, riding the streetcar to the French market and Mardi Gras World and going out for an evening experiencing the Frenchman Street music clubs. And being just one block north on Dauphine Street, it was of course close by for the obligatory Bourbon Street adventure.

The Hotel is a historically remodeled building with very nice facilities inside. We liked the room and the courtyard where you can lounge in the sun or enjoy the pool and hot tub. We never ended up needing the kitchen but it would have been useful if we were there longer. We enjoyed the breakfast pastries one morning and went out for a real New Orleans breakfast the other day. The hotel is well run with the front lobby staffed 24 hrs. Even in this busy neighborhood we felt very secure and comfortable inside and would happily stay here again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We booked the Grenoble House for a long weekend and had an excellent stay! The rooms are very nice and impeccably clean. The hotel stuff were all very friendly and accommodating. Having free snacks, juices, coffee, etc. available all the time was a very nice touch. The next time we're in New Orleans, we'll definitely try to stay here again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I really made a poor choice in my decision to stay here. I should have read the reviews more throughly both on yelp and trip advisor before booking. I should have read their cancellation policy closely before booking shame on me.

Let's start with the good. The staff is friendly. The mini breakfast pastries are good. I think that's it.

I was so excited for my NOLA trip. This room was booked months in advance. I booked a King Executive Suite directly on their website. I immediately called to request a quiet room. Javier told me he could accommodate my request by putting me in the back.

After checking in I knew there was a problem. They gave me room 207. Although its off the street and only one unit is below they failed to recognize it shares a wall with the Holiday Inn next door. From 9/9:30 to 5/6 the industrial washers and dryers of the hotel next door are running all day next to you. Next to the bedroom in fact and also audible in both the living room and bedroom. I immediately notified the front desk. They called the owner Vic and basically told me there is nothing they can do to help me. I paid $199 for 2 of these nights and $349 for the other 2. I absolutely feel ripped off. If I were traveling on the company dime I would have checked out immediately. Vic hasn't felt the need to contact me about the room or offer any type or reimbursement.

In addition to the room being very noisy the room was dirty. I thought I'd give housekeeping the benefit of the doubt but after one day it was clear no sweeping, vacuuming, mopping of any type was done. My black hair was still on the white bathroom tile. Shower knob felt like soap scum. There were crumbs in the dining area from a previous guest. Dust was on walls and framed art in the bedroom, ceiling fan and heating/cooling vents.

There are no windows which can be opened in the unit. Only the main door. The other pair of french doors are dead bolted. The bedroom had outside shutters nailing it shut. There are no other windows in the unit.
All rooms had aluminum blinds which do not help with sound or temperature insulation. Usually hotels have curtains which help with both.

I've had better experiences at a Motel 6. I do not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here read the poor reviews before booking.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank ficklepalate
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had room 103- it was perfect, like a mini apartment, we had a bedroom a bathroom a full kitchen with a stove and dishwasher, fridge always was restocked when we left and towels were always replaced. Snacks and coffee was provided by the amazing staff staff throughout the day! Amazing service, very happy with the staff being so attentive- will stay here again!!

You have to leave your key with the front desk when you leave which reassures you will never lose your key!! There is an attendant at the front desk 24-hours a day.

Location was perfect- one street away from Bourbon. Nice and quiet when you are ready for bed~ but an easy walk if you want to get rowdy!
Nice little convenient store located to the left of the hotel if you need anything on your stay!

Room Tip: If you are on the bottom floors you are able to hear everything above because of the original wood floors.
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed here 1 day before we sailed to Mexico and 2 days after our cruise. Grenoble house is close to the port and very close to Bourbon street. Fresh coffee, pastries, juice, and fruit are free every morning. The staff is very friendly and will help you with any needs that you desire. Feel very safe and secure in your room. Heat and A/C worked well and lots of hot water. Neat concept with leaving your key at the front door on your way out so you will not lose you key. The door was opened for us and someone carried out luggage to the room. Highly recommend this hidden gem as we stayed in 3 different room sand they were all different and very spacious.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, 2nd floor rooms have stairs and no elevator. Spiral staircase is hard to carry your luggage up.