4,386 results
All reviewssazerac barfountain loungeteddy's cafedomenica restaurantbeautiful hotelpersonal conciergethe blue roomfrench quarterking suiteturn down servicechristmas decorationscanal streetclassic hotelbeautiful lobbyroom serviceold worldan upgrade
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Location excellent... Doorman are not eager to help unfortunately.... Lobby beautiful.. Rooms beautiful and clean... The check in process however is terrible and I witnessed on multiple days... One person checking in 8-12 people..I waited for 20 minute so, not acceptable for a Waldorf hotel. Otherwise highly recommend

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, General Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Aaron,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We are always striving to provide a unique service experience that is anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion. We have undertaken additional training exercises to improve our service delivery in this important area. Thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I want to get this out of the way first ... our stay was almost flawless with the exception of a very upsetting interaction regarding billing with a stunningly incompetent and rude front desk employee. I was absolutely dumbfounded by this bad apple, as every other Roosevelt employee we encountered was highly competent and had excellent customer service skills. I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to hire this guy, but I imagine that he won't last long at this hotel that rightfully prides itself on providing 5 star service. The encounter certainly left us with a bad taste in our mouths and knocks a full star off of my review. However, I would return to the Roosevelt without hesitation as it is truly exceptional and I am certain this employee will be long gone by the time we return.

Now, onto the good stuff. . .
4 stars for check in. Kenneth was warm and welcoming and provided detailed hotel information. Truly above and beyond. An excellent way to start to our 4 night stay. No extra credit awarded for Hhilton Honors perks, however. Free wifi, but nothing more - no recognition nor mention of the special occasion of my birthday, though we made the hotel aware before our arrival.

5 stars for location. One block to the French Quarter and trolley stops. Walking distance to the river and a short taxi ride from the airport.

5 stars for our room. Beautiful, spacious corner king suite with separate living area and modern, roomy bathroom. We were upgraded in advance from a Queen Superior room due to our VISA signature card reservation. Floor to ceiling windows. Comfy, crisp bed linens and fluffy towels. Tower 2 on the 12th floor is as quiet a room as you will find in the Central Business District.

5 stars for the hotel's lively public spaces. Gorgeous, impressive lobby, bar and restaurants. Lovely rooftop pool and bar. All areas - from elevators to hallways - are sparkling clean.

5 stars for the Concierge. Norma Dietz went above and beyond before our arrival - her recommendation for dinner at the Pelican Club was superb and we appreciated having advance dining reservations. The lobby concierge were similarly all friendly, helpful and also right on the money with restaurant recommendations.

5 stars for the Food. Delicious coffee each morning from in-room dining. Special kudos to department head Ann who PERSONALLY delivered the coffee herself with a smile when a hurricane curfew kept almost all of her staff at home. Additionally, the beignet at Teddy's Cafe is decadently divine - we all agreed it was better than Cafe du Monde! I enjoyed lunch at the poolside restaurant as well as breakfast at the Fountain Restaurant. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try the famous Sazarac Bar or Delmonico's but both are supposed to be excellent.

Housekeeping also earns 5 Stars. Daily housekeeping was always on point and thorough. No turn down service, but who needs it?

Billing earns only 1 Star. Check your bill carefully. We experienced MANY errors which were handled terribly by a front desk employee (see first paragraph regarding this incompetent/rude employee). Again, this is really a SERVICE issue, as it was the rudeness and incompetence of this employee, not so much the errors themselves, that left us with a bad taste in our mouths. Ultimately, the last of these errors was resolved to our satisfaction after we returned home.

Room Tip: Loved our quiet, spacious corner King Suite on 12th floor, Tower 2
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ilene

Dear Ilene,

Thank you so for leaving a detailed review of our service and hotel. I'm so thrilled to know you enjoyed every detail of your stay besides once unfortunate incident. We know that your interactions with our staff members can define your hotel stay, and we strive to provide a unique service experience that is anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion. To ensure that our guest experience remains at the level we expect, we have undertaken additional training exercises to improve our service delivery in this important area. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Roosevelt New Orleans!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I stayed here while on a business trip. Excellent, friendly staff. The room was spacious and prompt room service. The restaurants were delightful as well. Great location! The front desk was a bit understaffed, all in all, a good, decent experience!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear 773genevievem,

Thank you so much for your review of the Roosevelt New Orleans! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about the front desk as we are always trying to improve. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived yesterday 1/18/2018 firtst impression it needs major renovations. The lobby is blah, the rooms are nothing I expected, crack sink, bunch of dings around the woodworks. The TV has some smudges appears not cleaned, did a tour today 1/19 expecting to come back in the afternoon with a clean room and made up made bed but no the bed not done called guest relations complained about and I wanna told they’ll send housekeeping. Went to dinner and came back late needless to say the room still not cleaned and no towels. VERY DISAPPOINTED EXPECTED BETTER FOR A WALDORF ASTORIA. NOT RECOMMENDING THIS PLACE AT ALL.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
TheRoosevelt, General Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Ceciljuco

I appreciate you sharing your feedback of your most recent experience at our hotel. We know that your interactions or service experience can define your hotel stay, and we strive to provide something that is anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion. To ensure that our guest experience remains at the level we expect, we have undertaken additional training exercises to improve our service delivery in this important area. In addition, the hotel is making further rennovations to rooms in 2019. The next time you are in the area, I hope you will return to our hotel so we can deliver the unparalleled service you deserve.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I always enjoy staying at the Roosevelt. It has that historical, grand scale feel, but manages to maintain its "Cool" status. Great nighttime bar scene. Excellent food. Even the gift shop is a must stop for quality French Quarter and NOLA souvenirs.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Bruce N,

I am overjoyed to read that you always enjoy staying at the Roosevelt! Thank you for your appreciation of our history, food, and bar scene. I am grateful for your excellent review and recommendation of our gift shop. We hope to have the priviledge of serving you again soon!