“Nice Break”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Sucré is an artisan dessert and confection experience established in 2007 as part of the Renaissance of post Katrina New Orleans. Steeped in the heritage of a rich culinary culture of New Orleans, Sucré's modern approach to gelato, desserts, chocolates, macarons and confections has fast made them a cherished destination for all locals and travelers with the objective to simply make everyone's day a little sweeter! ***Open 8 AM until Fat Tuesday, February 28th 2017.
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Walking around in this heat/humidity was very uncomfortable for my mother. So this wonderful place was a much appreciated break in our schedule. The gelato was great and the macaroons are such a delight that I got 2 boxes to go. My mom finished one box already. Next time I will buy more for gifts.

1  Thank recenttrip

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Not everyone has a sweet tooth, but the "dessert boutique" known as Sucre has something to be appreciated and drooled over by the majority of visitors (salty and sweet, anyone?), even if you just like culinary "art." Luckily, if you can't get to Magazine Street during your NOLA trip (Bus 11 takes you there pretty easily), Sucre boxed chocolates and candy bars are popping up in a number of French Quarter shops. A Sicilian Pistachio and Rose Petal artisanal chocolate bar costs $8. Astoundingly good. Other flavors for these bars include: Candied Violet, Salted Pretzel, Coconut and Toasted Almond, and Strawberry Amaretti. The handmade bagged pink tinted marshmallows definitely deserve a second glance too.

1  Thank radiowitch
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Everyone raves about Sucre, but I must say, after 3 trips and 3 different items, I will not be one of them. The shop is convenient, being on Magazine, and very aesthetically pleasing. It is light, clean, and just overall pretty. The displays are enticing and everything LOOKS good. I have tried 3 items, a roasted almond vanilla cupcake, a chocolate bon bon, and a macaroon. I was disappointed with all three, but none as bad as the cupcake, which sounded and looked sooooo good. It was way too sweet (and I have a sweet tooth!), the cake was on the dry side and overpowered by the icing with was piled on top and filled in the center of the cake. Thank goodness my mother and I only shared one because we couldn't even finish it! The macaroons, which is one of my favorite sweets, were so-so, and actually tasted a little on the stale/old side. The bon bon was also only okay, with a more waxy than melt in your mouth texture, and I feel I can get ones at half the price that taste just as good if not better elsewhere. They certainly didn't touch the taste of Norman Love, whose confections are the same price and just as visually pleasing, but hugely better tasting. Overall, it's a total disappointment and I am done trying to make myself see what others do.

1  Thank pcb11
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I received a box of these delicious treats as a gift & have since had them mailed to my home for different occasions. They aren't to be missed if you are in the city.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Try the salted caramel ones--but they are ALL great!!!