Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews juice cleanse life changing yoga classes other guests two weeks at home costa rica pura vida howler monkeys the salt water pool exceeded my expectations the kitchen staff a special place owners and staff new friends juan carlos jungle hikes
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021

I was looking for a life-changing experience, and I found that at Hacienda Del Sol (HDS)! Like for many of you, the pandemic, work, being a mom, and life in general were wreaking havoc on my physical and mental wellbeing. I needed a place to escape, unwind, decompress… well, you get the picture. The people at HDS helped me to do just that, and more. It’s just a shame that I hadn’t discovered HDS sooner!

From Garnet’s deep tissue rebalancing massage treatments to Mascha’s counseling and therapy sessions, I felt 100% better after my stay. Those reflective treatments paired with relaxing beach sunset excursions were amazing, as was everything else there! No matter what I needed or the questions I had, someone on staff was there to quickly help me. I wanted for nothing! The rooms, the views, the amenities, the classes, as well as the other guests… everything was top-notch. I arrived with alone-time in mind but ended up developing close bonds with other guests who provided insight, laughter, and comradery. Now, I consider these people to be some of my dearest friends. I especially loved the salt-water pool, the variety of fitness classes, the wild horses, and the caring eager-to-assist staff! And did I mention the food? They offer a variety of meals from vegan to keto, and are so accommodating of your food needs. Much of the food is grown on-site or sourced locally, and the women in the kitchen certainly know how to prepare it all so deliciously! Be sure to visit the garden greenhouse during your stay!

If you are looking for a transformative experience that lasts well beyond your stay, then a trip to HDS is in order. The owners, Ramiro and Crystal, truly want you to succeed and they do all they can to ensure that you have the knowledge and commitment toward your personal best health (mental and physical) when you return home. I know that I now have the tools to prioritize my life and have my best interests at heart. If you are feeling stressed, overweight, or just “blah”, do yourself a favor and book a stay at HDS. I can’t express how much this time at HDS has helped me, and I can't wait to return to my home away from home!

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 8 February 2021

It has been year and half since I have stayed at this fabulous place. I meant to write a review then...... here I am envisioning a revisit this year. It was such a fabulous experience on so many levels. The food was absolutely delicious, the service 10 star, the yoga and primal fitness class were fabulous, the instructors are fabulous. Ramiro my personal Keto coach was fabulous. FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!!!!! What more can I say? I AM GOING BACK!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2021

2020 had taken a terrible toll on my health and wellbeing, like it has for many people. When I booked HDS last summer I really hoped that it would help me heal and set me on a better path. When I *finally* made it there (after Cdn government and airline setbacks)... I was relieved that it was exactly what I was seeking.

[this ended up being a long review. lf you're looking for the short version, it's this: Go, enjoy, and if you follow their program, come back to the real world restored.]

Whomever noted that HDS is like a giant hug is right on the money. The people here (owners and staff) genuinely care for their guests. They have so much knowledge to share, and I learned a lot about food, movement, the human body, and how to make positive changes in my own life after I came home.

I had many of the body treatments and they were all wonderful!! Between those and the yoga, I am in far less pain from a chronic back problem and walk so much taller and easier now. Truly transformational. Maria's osteo/deep tissue treatments reduced a great deal of my pain through some methods I had not tried before (despite having been to dozens of other practitioners), Julia gives an amazing restorative manual therapy session, Menhla eliminated a persistent shoulder issue, and Masha's body scrub and massage was TO DIE FOR :).

I had one of the Pura Deluxe rooms - minimalistic chic but everything you need, AMAZING linens (I've stayed in 100s of hotels around the world for work and love a good linen), great air con and wifi, very nice and updated bathrooms and a lovely private hammock facing the jungle. Quiet, peaceful and had some of the best sleeps of my life.

Everything here is gorgeous - the pool, the outdoor dining room, and the yoga room with 360 degree views of the jungle (including a friendly Iguana who attends many restorative classes :)). There were about 12 people at HDS when I was there, and never did it feel crowded, even at the pool.

I'm not a big yoga person and was a bit concerned that this experience would be overwhelming to me. But I loved the classes, the instructors are VERY kind, supportive (even to those of us who are less coordinated/flexible :)) and offer different options from easy to advanced so everyone is engaged. And, after having done yoga for 2 weeks straight, I now know first-hand how it can enhance my well-being both physically and mentally.

The food. The food! I did a week-long juice cleanse then the keto program for a week. Everything was DELICIOUS. And the ladies in the kitchen are a delight - extraordinarily hard working, but always willing to share what's in the food (or a joke about what the other guests and I jokingly called our "tequila" - aka the very non-alcoholic electrolyte shots :)) Most everything is grown on their property or, in the case of the fish, sourced in the little fishing village within walking distance. I could feel the difference quality,non-processed food made on my body within a few days.

They are very accomodating to various eating sensitivities, but one note to guests - please be courteous about it. They absolutely have systems to accomodate you, but demanding your needs be met on the spot and without following their system (and, in my experience, sometimes without even a "please") isn't fair to a small kitchen run by a small staff.

I was lucky to have visited at a time that had many lovely guests, and made some lasting friendships.

It was the transformational experience I was looking for, and the owner (Ramiro) is very invested in ensuring that guests are taught how to continue towards optimal health after we return home. It's not as easy in the "real world" as at HDS, but I feel like I have SO many more tools at my disposal now.

That said, HDS is a special place and I hope to return for another trip soon!!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Alison T
Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

It’s hard to write an appropriate review about my experience because I truly don’t think any words could fully describe how much I love Hacienda Del Sol. I read several reviews leading up to my trip saying it was life changing and couldn’t image any vacation changing my life...well I was wrong!

I have two incredible little boys but as all mothers know when you have young children it becomes very difficult to take time for yourself. This was the first time I had been away from my kids for more than 1 night. I was nervous I would want to come home early or it wouldn’t be worth being away from them for 2 weeks. However, with a push from my husband I ended up at Hacienda Del Sol. My only regret being I hadn’t done this sooner.

I arrived late in the evening and was welcomed with the warmest greetings from JJ. A very kind gentleman who never stops smiling. JJ helped me book all my treatments and excursions. Anything I wanted or needed he always went above and beyond to make it happen.

I did the primal fitness and keto retreat. I wanted to learn more about the Keto lifestyle and I really enjoy working out so Ramiro said I could combine the two. It was a perfect mix of making some minor adjustments to my diet and seeing amazing results. The primal fitness classes were fun and challenging.

I booked a room with AC and an indoor bathroom, however there are a couple different options depending on your preferences. My room was beautiful. I had a large shower overlooking the jungle and a beautiful veranda with a hammock that I used daily to do devotionals.

I also really enjoyed reading by the pool. It had been years since I read a book not focused on sleep for infants or breastfeeding! It was so nice to just read again! I read 5 books and have even read one since I got home! It’s something I promised myself I would keep up at home.

Now Hacienda Del Sol is beautiful with the most amazing food but what truly makes it so special is the people you are surrounded by... that includes the guests.

Ramerio and Crystal - They are the owners and both are truly kind people. I had 5 one on one sessions with Ramerio to learn more about living a Keto lifestyle. He is very passionate and knowledgeable. He is also a lot of fun and very kind. I highly recommend doing any type of one on one session with him, you will not regret it!

The instructors - I had classes with Julia, Vera, Garnet and Yatti. Two yoga classes are offered Monday - Saturday. I also had 9 primal fitness classes and two breath work classes. Let me tell you... I was NOT looking forward to all the yoga and even less excited about the breath work... however I wanted to come and experience new things so I decided before I came what do I have to lose by trying new things. The answer is nothing and I gained so much more than I could have expected. Most my classes were with Julia. I can’t really explain Julia. She’s kind of a magnetic force. She has a very gentle smile and had an ability to make you feel comfortable. I suck at yoga. I’m not flexible and I realized while working with her I spend a lot of my day holding my breath. She taught me how to breath at 32 years old. She also helped me enjoy the calmness of yoga. Vera is also a truly lovely person! Always smiling. You can tell she truly has a passion for her job and makes you feel comfortable. She’s an absolute pleasure to be around. I only had 1 class with Garnet but he was also very kind, knowledgeable and his class had a different flare to it. Yatti did the breath work classes. Although I didn’t want to go to them, I went to the first one and loved it! It was the first time I’ve ever actually been able to meditate. Yatti is upbeat, fun and always greets you with a smile. They all four made someone who hated yoga signup for yoga classes! Not bc they are pushy but bc they are accepting and made me enjoy something I thought I hated.

Hacienda Del Sol offers a variety of treatments. I came with a very open mind and wanted to try things I wouldn’t normally do at home. My first treatment was a rebalancing treatment with Julia. It was an amazing experience mentally but also great physically. I have horrible posture from years of breastfeeding and Julia helped me stand a little taller. It was a great first treatment.

Next I did the Cranial-sacral with Menlha. I would come back just to do this again with her. I had zero expectations but it blew me away. I have never felt so at peace or calm in all my life. I also felt that it helped me let go of some negative energy from my childhood that I have been carrying around. It was such a great experience I did another one on my last full day. Menlha is such a deeply kind person. She’s amazing at what she does and I can’t wait to come back to do another session with her.

Mascha was next with my deep tissue massage followed by a body scrub. The massage was perfect and the body scrub was amazing. When the scrub was finished you take a shower in the jungle. It’s a beautiful outdoor shower. It made me feel so connected to the outdoors and aware of all the beauty around me. I also did an Astrology session with Mascha. It was something I wanted to do but kept talking myself out of. However after meeting Mascha I knew I wanted to try it. She is so kind, when she smiles you can see the kindness in her eyes. She’s warm and I felt I could have spoken with her for hours.

I can’t forget to mention JJ, Sam and Juan Carlos who are the office staff who go above and beyond to make your requests a reality. They do everything with kindness and smile! Sam is funny, smart and you always have a good time with her! She took myself and another guest on a walk to a beautiful river with Vera. We just all 4 chatted and laughed. Juan Carlos also cooked us the most amazing Lobster and Squid lunch! It was so thoughtful of him to take the time out of his day to make us that special meal!

Lastly, all the ladies in the kitchen.... the food was healthy, delicious and so fresh. Many vegetables are grown on site and the chicken and fish are sourced locally. There wasn’t one meal I did not like. Many I love and have already made since being home.

I guess with life being so busy I stopped making time to pour into my cup. These strangers who now feel more like friends poured into me in ways I didn’t even know I needed. They made me feel valuable in a weird way like I deserved to be in this oasis.

If you have read this whole book of a review and are still on the fence do yourself and favor and just go! I don’t think it’s possible to not love it! I will be back.... soon!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jennifervB5593MU
Reviewed 1 January 2021

I needed so many things from my visit and got more than I could have hoped for. The level of personal care and attention was amazing and the amount of knowledge to learn was impressive. Can't recommend any place more!

Date of stay: November 2020