Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Madison Fitchburg
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 5 March 2012

BEWARE > BEDBUGS !! Traveled to Madison from our home in Chicago. This is the only hotel we stayed at on our trip to Madison. Hotel seemed clean, but my wife had these strange marks on her legs and itching while we were there. I had a couple bites, but didn't give it a lot of thought. We told the staff, but they thought we were nuts. Upon arriving home, and Thanks to my wife, we left the luggage in the garage. Our neighbor is a licensed exterminator and found them in our luggage. Needless to say, we threw the luggage out and washed everything else in Hot water and dryed on High heat. We were fortunate not to have brought these into our home. The hotel was not concerned about it. So Beware ... even the seemingly nicest hotels can harbor Bed Bugs!! To top things off > VERY RUDE STAFF

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank StayAway_12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Madison Fitchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

StayAway_12,

IHG takes these concerns seriously. We recommend that our hotels undergo routine preventative procedures to guard against bed bugs. In the event that bed bugs are discovered, we recommend that the hotel's pest control specialists act to ensure that the bugs are eradicated and if necessary, the hotel discards and replaces all affected furniture and linens. Additionally, we recommend the guest room is taken out of service until the hotel is advised that the guest room is pest free. We have sent you a private message to obtain a details about your stay.

Ben J
IHG Care

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed here for two nights while on a business trip. In full disclosure, I did not book in advance and walked in around 5 p.m. Neither of the two staff members working the front desk greeted me, which I discovered was common later on in my trip. Without asking me, the clerk put me in a "handi-capped" room, which would have been fine, but I prefer to have a tub/shower combo. Once I got to the room, I called down to ask for a different room, which was accomodated, but begrudgingly. After moving to a new room, I discovered that it had barely been cleaned from the previous visitor. Being tired, I didn't feel like arguing with the despondent clerk again. At first glance, the room looked clean, but after walking around, it was actually obviously dirty. There was hair in the the bathroom sink and tub, stains on the sheets and pillows, and lint everywhere that gave me the impression that it had not be dusted or vaccumed in a long time. Additionally, in the morning, I discovered that the microwave in the room did not work, the TV had weird green spots, the shower curtain rod had exposed screws, and the bed sheets were torn or the seems were busted open. I should also note that you hear everything going on around you. I could hear the people in either room beside or above me moving around, closing or opening doors, or talking in the hallway. On the whole, it was a gross and unpleasant stay. I would not stay there again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LillyMilwaukee
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times when visiting our daughter & family in the area. Staff is always friendly, rooms are spacious and squeaky clean. There's a decent sized pool with a hot tub. Within walking distance of the Great Dane Pub & Restaurant - yum!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

very nice hotel. room was clean and neat. they have free internet. a shuttle took me to the airport for free and since it was not available when i arrived, they paid for a 45 minute cab ride to my conference.

it was a full suite with a full size fridge and basic utensils. I was only there for 3 days so i didn't use that stuff much

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had confirmed reservations for 3 rooms for our group. One room was to have two beds, but the staff said they had no two bed rooms left, so they had apparently given that room to someone else. They apparently do not understand what a confirmed reservation is. The other two rooms were fine. The staff was not rude, but was indifferent and did not seem inclined to try to resolve other small issues.
The room was fine, very clean and a comfortable bed. They also had a kitchenette area with Microwave, sink and refrigerator along with some basic kitchenware. There is no breakfast, but have a little area where you can buy packaged foods to eat in your room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
0.3 km away
5.0 km away
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown
8.4 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Madison Fitchburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK