All reviews nice holiday front desk breakfast buffet pool area fitness center nice lobby cleaning staff rooms were very clean comfy bed would stay again easy access staff was friendly crossfit inns pillows cleanliness channels
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Read the reviews and thought we'd try it. Good location-right off the freeway. Room was ok. Bedding had holes and tears in both the bed skirts and comforters/sheets. The AC leaked and was on energy saver the whole night so the room was hot. By the time we woke up in the morning the floor around the AC was soaked. The kids liked the pool-rather spacious area. We were disappointed that they advertise Kids Eat Free with paying adult and when we arrived was told it was just for breakfast. The restaurant didn't look like much so we went to Erin Snug Irish Pub which is right down the road. This restaurant was outstanding! I'd highly recommend it! We'd probably try another hotel next time. When checking out they didn't even ask how things were.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018

The hotel is surrounded by office parks and the area is very quiet at night. I felt secure on the top floor with the restricted keycard access. Guest services got me my ideal room. The waitstaff and bartender were very courteous and friendly. Some of the decor wasn't as modern as I expected, but I can only complain about the carpet and linens which felt a tad rough. Some of the pillows were worn out and squashed but that's why you can request more. The shower was huge and the water pressure was great, the AC and heat worked fine. The TVs are 32" LCDs. The fitness center has a wide array of equipment including a bench press rack. The pool area was very luxurious and well presented. The fireplace and fishtank in the lobby were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the building do not have blackout curtains to prevent sunrise from waking you up
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Friendly staff, Breakfast included with ample choice and nice restaurant and bar on location, so after a long day you don't have to go out. Plenty of parking space Rooms kept very clean. Great place to stay

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Rooms are ok. Beds are comfortable enough, but I’ve stayed at this hotel many times and every air conditioner is super loud. I get woken several times in the night due to loud noises from the air conditioner. Staff if super nice. Restaurant food is subpar but edible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the comfort of your bed and the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with the noise which affected your stay. I am also sorry that the quality of food we serve were not to your liking. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Great location, 10 min away from Capitol (by car), easy access to belt line (highways around Madison). Very friendly staff, nice lobby and restaurant area. Vending machines on each floor.
Downer: found an old sock in our room. But overall clean.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple