“Excellent BBQ on Madison's East Side”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #122 of 1,084 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 January 2015

So my wife and I were in the mood for some BBQ, and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Dickey's a try. Now I've tried BBQ all over the country. Down south, in Texas, Kansas City, etc. I tend to like places that are a bit more dive-like in atmosphere. Dickey's has the feel of an upscale fast food joint inside, but let me tell you, the BBQ is absolutely top-notch. My wife and I split a full rack of ribs, and they were among the best pork ribs that I've ever had. Literally fall-off-the-bone tender, with lots of meat and flavor. Both of us had a very difficult time finishing. Only I did. The sauces were very good, though I preferred the hot BBQ sauce. The sides were also very, very good.

The service was excellent. Lightning fast and very, very friendly. The next time we're in the mood for BBQ, we'll be back at Dickey's!

Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

Saw this place on TripAdvisor, and decided to give it a try as it was close to my hotel. What a great place. Staff was over the top friendly and helpful. Got a three meat plate, great brisket, got to try the spicy cheddar sausage.
Free soft serve ice cream, too bad I didn't have my kids with me.
Thanks guys, keep doing what you are doing.

Reviewed 6 November 2014

First time at the Pit and I loved it. Food was delicious. Great variety of meats and sauces. Free soft serve ice cream. Only 2 minutes from the mall, gives you a GREAT ESCAPE from the Food Court. Will definitely eat there again on my next visit to the mall.

4  Thank Gergana I
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We hosted a tour group that was traveling around the state and ours was the last stop of the day. After they toured, they were treated to a delicious buffet of Dickey's BBQ. Everyone raved about the meats, tender and delicious, with sauce and seasonings that appealed to all tastes. The salads were perfect accompaniment along with Wisconsin brews this was a memorable meal. The catering service was outstanding, delivered and set up right on time. Cody was pleasant and efficient and attended to every detail. This is the way to go, easy, affordable and delicious. Thank you Dickey's Barbeque Pit! There was enough food for our employees to enjoy lunch the following day!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Seems like most of the reviews are for the branch location (dine-in/ carry-out), so I'd like to first offer up a review for Dickey's catering. We recently hired Dickey's to cater our wedding reception.

The barbecue was excellent, and my guests raved about it. We had some leftovers the next day, and I had no problem finding people to take some. I'd recommend the chopped brisket and the pork ribs (the meat fell off the bone after I touched it with my fork). If you're looking for a white meat option, the turkey is also very good - very moist.

The price added to our satisfaction. I've had a lot of the fancy, formal, fish/ chicken/ steak-type wedding meals, that aren't always that good. At $13 per person (we added a 3rd meat), we had very economical catering, and great tasting food.

Nick and his staff were very good to work with. There is a lot to coordinate with wedding events, and they always called or emailed me back when I had questions or changes to our final headcount or reception scheduling. They never seemed short or frustrated with us, either. It was an all-together positive experience, and I can highly recommend Dickey's BBQ

As for our experience dining-in, we usually order (2) 3 meat plate, and for my wife and I - that's enough food for two meals each. The place is neat, employees are helpful, and the free soft serve is a nice touch.