“Nice little place to grab lunch”
Review of Flaming Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Flaming Wok
Ranked #683 of 1,095 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I love, love, love their fried dumplings! And their BBQ pork appetizers. Go there and have appetizers for lunch or dinner. You'll love it. And the owners are very nice, too!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve had enough with Flaming Wok. I learned tonight from the delivery driver that Fortune Cookies now cost 50 cents. Up until tonight they were free, and were included in most of my orders, unless they forgot, which they did rather frequently.

I called them and the woman I spoke to was absolutely hostile when I tried to explain the situation. I could hardly explain my grievances without her screaming on the phone. Extremely unprofessional.

I order about $25/week from them so it surprised me that they were going to tack on an extra 50 cents. It’s not the cost, it’s the principal. Im sure they are monetizing a $2 box of hundreds of cookies for profit gain.

As much as I enjoyed their food, have decided that I will never order from them again as they seem to favor the bottom dollar over repeating customers.

Shame on you for not even attempting to listen to your customers when they are voicing a complaint.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Had to pick up something to eat quickly. Chinese food is a favorite and usually a good choice. Food lacked flavor and was dry and ended up being a very disappointment for dinner.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 8 February 2016

The Flaming Wok serves the best Chinese food on the East side since Imperial Garden closed. The ingredients are fresh and perfectly cooked into awesome entrees. Meats are top quality. The sauces are delicious and not at all greasy. Portions are very generous. We tried 2 hot chicken dishes (Kung Bao and chicken with garlic sauce) and were very impressed. They also make a wonderful vegetarian hot and sour soup that is loaded with tofu. They are primarily a carry out and delivery restaurant, although they do have limited seating if you want to catch a quick meal while shopping in the East Towne area. This is now our favorite restaurant for Chinese food on the East side and we will be ordering from them a couple times a week.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 12 September 2015

I ordered takeout: noodles, fried rice, mongolian beef, etc. Everything was yummy, especially the eggrolls. I would recommend it highly when fresh, but when I ate leftovers a day later, they were soggy and oily. Maybe it comes with the territory, I dunno. Yummy, anyways.

Date of visit: August 2015