“Simple, nothing special”

Dairyland Family Restaurant
Ranked #619 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This is just your local breakfast place with food options under $10. The service is good. It is family friendly and they have ample parking (however, current construction on Cottage Grove Rd makes their entry harder to navigate). Not terribly fresh looking here - - the carpet looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months. Anyway, I had the ham and cheese omelette. Was it great? No. It was a plain ham and cheese omelette. I would NEVER consider eating dinner here!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

The first thing that jumped out to me when looking at the menu were the prices. This has to be one of the most reasonably priced diners I have been to in quite some time. I ordered an omelette, hash browns, and bacon. It was all very good and the omelette was loaded with the toppings and good sized. The menu is quite large so you will have plenty of options for every meal. Breakfast is served all day in addition to the rest of the menu. The appearance of the place is modest but on par with what you would expect from a place called 'Dairyland Family Restaurant'.

If you are looking for delicious American food at very reasonable prices then put this place near the top of your list.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

My wife and I have lived in this neighborhood for 7 years but had never eaten here. This restaurant is reminiscent of the restaurants my family ate at in the 50s and 60s. It has a large menu for breakfast , lunch and dinner. We stopped by on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was full but not crowded.
I ordered the Barbecued Ribs and my wife ordered a penne dish. My ribs were very meaty with a sweet and spicy sauce. My wife said the penne was OK but not as good as that in an Italian Restaurant. The portions are large and we both took home enough for a light lunch for the next day.
The staff was friendly and helpful. They recognized the regulars who frequent this place. If you are looking for something special this is not the place. But if you want a traditional meal with a substantial amount on your plate this the place for you.
We will return to sample more from their menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

This is a home style kind of place. Think grandma's house for Sunday dinner. I frequent this place for breakfast about once a month. The prices are good and the portions are huge.

The decor is hopelessly in need of a major facelift and I'd recommend avoiding the restrooms.

The staff is very friendly and there is never a wait. Overall, a good place to visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Great home style cooking. If you have had a long day and don't feel like cooking but want the home made feel, this is the place. Nothing fancy, just good food and great service. Well worth the stop. Very easily accessible on Cottage Grove Rd.

1  Thank Jeffrey K