“Worst General Tso's Chicken”
Review of China Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Wok
Ranked #731 of 1,109 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The sauce on the General Tso's chicken was a flavorless blob. I've eaten General T's at lots of places; this was the worst. My husband liked the shrimp with vegetables though. The egg roll's are tiny and they shorted us one egg roll last time. The cook was screaming something at a young girl (his daughter maybe?) when I was there to pick up my order.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 November 2017

A meal delivered to our house usually feeds us for two days. I like the Szechuan beef, my husband prefers the sweet and sour shrimp. The dietetic entrees (steamed, no MSG, salt on the side) also are very good. And delivery is reliable -- 45 minutes, usually.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My daughter swears by China Wok and I'm having trouble proving her wrong. Anytime I try branching out, which is usually on Monday, when China Wok is closed, we are woefully disappointed. Without fail, come Tuesday, we order from China Wok again, and the food comes, as ordered, hot, fast, and Yummy! How can you argue with that. Add to it, they have managed to keep the cost reasonable.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I ordered moo shoo vegetable, spring rolls, and hot tea and all were lousy. The moo shoo had some kind of sauce that smelt to me very unpleasant. I did not eat any of it. The pancakes were all wrapped in plastic possibly as they had come from the freezer. They were not good, somewhat like flour tortillas but not as good as tortillas. Even the tea was bad due to a poor quality tea bag apparently. The spring rolls were just deep fried cabbage rolls with no flavoring of any kind. The worst chinese food I have ever tasted. I complained to the staff but got no refund nor offer of another dish. I will never set foot here again.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

They are extremely affordable. The food is pretty Americanized. Clean place, nice staff, fast service. The lunch specials are a steal. You get what you pay for.

Date of visit: June 2016