All reviews bistro area bistro food starbucks coffee marriott property workout facilities excellent hotel mini fridge spent two nights comfortable beds would definitely stay here again king suite oatmeal interstate lobby wedding computers whirlpool
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I had an evening check-in and staff was kind. This was great after a long day of driving in the areas roads under construction. The Bistro was quick even close to closing time. And the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Road construction always makes for a long drive. I am glad to hear you were able to relax and that team was able to assist you while your were here. Please comeback again on your next trip to Madison.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed in what was called a suite for my sons wedding in the area. My daughter and her husband were staying with me. I wanted a suite so they could have their own room. But my part of the room was a fold out couch of a twin bed size. Was very uncomfortable. First of all I had to open it my self and make the bed. Had to find sheets and blankets hidden in an area under the bar. There was no pace to hang out long dresses. Ended up hanging them over the door hinges because the door itself was too wide that the hanger wouldn’t fit over it.
No one came and straightened up the room after our first night. We stayed two nights. Was a little disappointed in the room.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. All information received, positive and constructive helps us get better. As you mentioned, all of our 2-room suites have a bedroom on one side and a nice sitting area in a separate room on the other side. This allows you a relaxing room setting separate from the bedroom area. I appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Abandoned a Wisconsin Dells visit after one night as so tacky, and Super 8 there was unfit.

Here, this motel was superb. Lovely room and bed. Great sleeps for our two nights.

Didn't appear to be many guests, peak summertime, which was a little odd. But all the more quietness for us.

(No free coffee or tea. Just tiny pad machine in room. Don't expect a buffet breakfast. Bistro style order at the counter service - a little too average for the fancy food description, but I guess they are trying something new.)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

I am glad we were here for you after your Wisconsin Dells visit and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent staff, clean spacious rooms and a great location found here. Bar for relaxing after dinner. Ample parking. Generous lobby area. Cool air conditioning. Super breakfast and service. A very nice place to spend a night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Love your comments. You have listed many of our goals our team works towards daily. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My family was a day into a cross-country move when we stopped in Madison for the night. Obviously we had a car full of our belongings (which we couldn’t haul up to the hotel room) and parked in the front row, feet from the hotel building entrance. When we came out in the morning, not only was the stuff in the backseat ransacked (the thieves had time to go through every little thing), but the trunk was also picked clean. All in all it was around a $10,000 loss plus a separate identity theft issue.

That this happened so close to the hotel entrance was very odd but stranger still was the reaction by the hotel. We were obviously panicked and exhausted while we waited hours for police to show up and the front desk attendants showed their concern by laughing about the theft and acting like it was a big joke. The management has still not made an effort to contact us. They also didn’t have us sign the usual waivers or give our plate numbers when we checked in—that’s never been the case at any other hotel I’ve stayed at.

Also notable: The police investigated for less than three weeks and told us “there are a lot of poor people around so these things happen.” Maybe avoid stopping in Madison altogether unless you have to.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the incident that took place with your vehicle. The reaction by the front desk personnel is not typical of our team members. I appreciate you passing this information on to me as it allows me to provide more service training. Although incidence like this are rare in our area, it does allow us to take a step back and reflect on our overall procedures. Thank you again for staying at the Courtyard.