All reviewsbistro areabistro foodstarbucks coffeemarriott propertyworkout facilitiesexcellent hotelmini fridgespent two nightscomfortable bedswould definitely stay here againking suiteoatmealinterstatelobbyweddingcomputerswhirlpool
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Abandoned a Wisconsin Dells visit after one night as so tacky, and Super 8 there was unfit.

Here, this motel was superb. Lovely room and bed. Great sleeps for our two nights.

Didn't appear to be many guests, peak summertime, which was a little odd. But all the more quietness for us.

(No free coffee or tea. Just tiny pad machine in room. Don't expect a buffet breakfast. Bistro style order at the counter service - a little too average for the fancy food description, but I guess they are trying something new.)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am glad we were here for you after your Wisconsin Dells visit and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent staff, clean spacious rooms and a great location found here. Bar for relaxing after dinner. Ample parking. Generous lobby area. Cool air conditioning. Super breakfast and service. A very nice place to spend a night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Love your comments. You have listed many of our goals our team works towards daily. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My family was a day into a cross-country move when we stopped in Madison for the night. Obviously we had a car full of our belongings (which we couldn’t haul up to the hotel room) and parked in the front row, feet from the hotel building entrance. When we came out in the morning, not only was the stuff in the backseat ransacked (the thieves had time to go through every little thing), but the trunk was also picked clean. All in all it was around a $10,000 loss plus a separate identity theft issue.

That this happened so close to the hotel entrance was very odd but stranger still was the reaction by the hotel. We were obviously panicked and exhausted while we waited hours for police to show up and the front desk attendants showed their concern by laughing about the theft and acting like it was a big joke. The management has still not made an effort to contact us. They also didn’t have us sign the usual waivers or give our plate numbers when we checked in—that’s never been the case at any other hotel I’ve stayed at.

Also notable: The police investigated for less than three weeks and told us “there are a lot of poor people around so these things happen.” Maybe avoid stopping in Madison altogether unless you have to.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
JRyan2502, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the incident that took place with your vehicle. The reaction by the front desk personnel is not typical of our team members. I appreciate you passing this information on to me as it allows me to provide more service training. Although incidence like this are rare in our area, it does allow us to take a step back and reflect on our overall procedures. Thank you again for staying at the Courtyard.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I just stayed here for two nights in a two bedroom suite with my wife and mother in law. We were in the area for a wedding. The facility is very nice and has a great lobby, pool, and whirlpool. It does not have free breakfast like its competitor next door.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Spent two nights here for business.

The hotel was very clean and looked either new or newly renovated. The lobby was very comfortable and teh littel cafe tehy have was quick. Check-in only took 2 minutes. The location is very nice as it's only 2 minutes off teh highway. I have no complaints about my stay and I will be staying again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
JRyan2502, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your great comments. Our housekeeping team works hard to make sure all of our guests experience a clean, comfortable stay while in Madison. I am glad to hear you will be back.