“They go the extra mile” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Redmond, Washington
“They go the extra mile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We recently stayed here for a week, and were not disappointed in the least. Our suite was spacious, clean, and quiet, and the breakfast was fine. All the staff we saw, from the housekeepers to the front desk staff, were very friendly and interested in making sure we were comfortable. But the thing that made the experience stand out was how they responded when we mistakenly left a few items behind (I left my swimsuit and my husband left a charger). One of the hotel staff had even washed my swimsuit before putting the package in the mail. I absolutely recommend the GrandStay Residential Suites, and they will definitely have my business again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I can't believe how big the suites are for such a low price. It very much felt like a 1 bedroom apartment. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel as a 5 is the sound-proofing. As I tried to sleep I could hear a woman in the next room coughing. I could also hear doors closing in the hallway throughout the night (they're heavy doors and sound just like they're being slammed when they close). I had to leave early in the morning, and appreciated the front desk staff assisting me with an early breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MKE1978
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us valuable feedback. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Came to Madison for the weekend with two teens. Grandstay came up with good reviews, and had a very reasonable price for a one bedroom suite. Staff was friendly and efficient. Although there were many other guests at the hotel, we didn't know it until we saw them at breakfast.

There was an actual door to the bedroom that shut, and was fairly soundproof, this room had a TV and armor. The couch had a pull out bed TV and wingback chair. Kitchen area- Full size fridge, micro and stove top, dishes and dishwasher. Free breakfast was fine. The TV's were a bit dated, but worked fine. Bath and body works products for soap and shampoo, little extras like a laundry basket were nice. The wi-fi was fast, and the pool and hot tub were warm, but small. The workout area was small and warm, the treadmill and eliptical worked ok, the stationary bike was not working well.
The property is in a business park area, near some car lots. It's on the east side near big box stores, but a quick drive to downtown. A grocery store, Hy vee is a little over a mile away on East Washington, and open late. East Town mall is close, but due to traffic and street layout not easy to walk. Use a GPS to avoid getting lost on the access roads in the business park. A little road noise but not bad at all. Good value for the money, as long as you don't mind being on the edge of town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
SmokeyGB,
Thank you very much for taking time to write such thorough review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
New Auburn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed there this past weekend with my 10 month old daughter. I have never had a better hotel experience. Every hotel staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. When I arrived the pack n play I requested was not in my room. I called down to the desk and within 2 minutes he had it in my room. The breakfast in the morning was very good. When we were ready to leave on Sunday morning I called down to the desk to see if someone could help me with our bags. I didn't even get my coat on before someone was at my door. I offered him a tip for his help and he wouldn't except it. I was extremely pleased and will definetly stay there again. Plus I noticed that they have a small playground in the back which will be very nice when my daughter gets a little older.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.