“Good price, Nice room”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Good price, Nice room”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Came to Madison for the weekend with two teens. Grandstay came up with good reviews, and had a very reasonable price for a one bedroom suite. Staff was friendly and efficient. Although there were many other guests at the hotel, we didn't know it until we saw them at breakfast.

There was an actual door to the bedroom that shut, and was fairly soundproof, this room had a TV and armor. The couch had a pull out bed TV and wingback chair. Kitchen area- Full size fridge, micro and stove top, dishes and dishwasher. Free breakfast was fine. The TV's were a bit dated, but worked fine. Bath and body works products for soap and shampoo, little extras like a laundry basket were nice. The wi-fi was fast, and the pool and hot tub were warm, but small. The workout area was small and warm, the treadmill and eliptical worked ok, the stationary bike was not working well.
The property is in a business park area, near some car lots. It's on the east side near big box stores, but a quick drive to downtown. A grocery store, Hy vee is a little over a mile away on East Washington, and open late. East Town mall is close, but due to traffic and street layout not easy to walk. Use a GPS to avoid getting lost on the access roads in the business park. A little road noise but not bad at all. Good value for the money, as long as you don't mind being on the edge of town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
SmokeyGB,
Thank you very much for taking time to write such thorough review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New Auburn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed there this past weekend with my 10 month old daughter. I have never had a better hotel experience. Every hotel staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. When I arrived the pack n play I requested was not in my room. I called down to the desk and within 2 minutes he had it in my room. The breakfast in the morning was very good. When we were ready to leave on Sunday morning I called down to the desk to see if someone could help me with our bags. I didn't even get my coat on before someone was at my door. I offered him a tip for his help and he wouldn't except it. I was extremely pleased and will definetly stay there again. Plus I noticed that they have a small playground in the back which will be very nice when my daughter gets a little older.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I love staying at the Grandstay! They always treat me very well and the rooms are so much larger than what you get in most hotels. The staff is so freindly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Esther H
Nora Springs, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2011

If you are looking for a clean, well maintained, expert staff Hotel, this is the place for you! We had the pleasure of staying at the Grandstay in Madison, Wi in November. There was 4 couples & none of us could possibly have a bad word to say because things were perfect! The manager, Amy took very good care of all of us, along with the rest of her staff. The breakfast was amazing, not your usual continental breakfast at this Grandstay. :) The rooms & Hotel were very clean, quiet, easy to sleep in a bit! Thank you so much for helping make our long weekend a great one!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This hotel is a gem. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the price is reasonable. We have been staying here during the week for 4 weeks now. We get a room with a kitchen, free breakfast and a pool and hot tub. Why anyone would pay more to stay somewhere else is beyond me. Amy the general manager is wonderful, Janet, the woman who works the breakfast bar is awesome as is the rest of the staff. we love the cookies on Wednesday nights. Nice treat.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business