“Very Disappointing and bad service from rude hotel manager.”

Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 3 November 2010

During my 7 month stay at this hotel, I was treated very poorly by the staff in Madison.
When the desk lamp in my room stopped working, the maintenance person kept replacing it with other desk lamps "in storage" which did not work. After giving me three different lamps, he finally gave me a new desk lamp which actually worked. This situation occurred at a time critical period, when I was working at night from the hotel room via the internet and needed a decent desk lamp.

The same situation was repeated when the coffee maker stopped working. I was given old coffee makers from "Storage". Eventually I was given a working model.

The Laundry room was rarely cleaned. The third floor passageway from the elevator to my room had obnoxious and pungent cooking smells 24/7 from the tenants and also because the windows at the ends of the passageway were NEVER opened.

When I mentioned these challenges to the staff their reply was "We understand your frustration" and then they promptly went ahead and did nothing about it.

On Friday 17, September at 2 a.m the side entrance door to the building was damaged and the safety glass destroyed by a tenant trying to enter the building. On other occasions teenagers were running up and down the passageway racing each other at 12.30 at night.

In view of the fact I was paying over $1000.00 per month to stay here while on a work assignment, I find this kind of treatment unbelievable.
I doubt that after this I will ever stay at one of their hotel chains again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Danny M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

We had three rooms to accommodate three families. Our purpose in coming to Madison was to visit a relative (turning 90yrs) that lives across the street at the Attic Angels senior living facility. We could have walked between the two if we had wanted to.

The kitchenette saved us from eating every meal in a restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We have stayed at many hotels and this by far is the best. We had 5 adults, 8 children (4 older kids who are 6ft and taller. We reserved 3 rooms and the stay was spacious. In these deluxe rooms we had 2 queen beds with a sofa sleeper and recliner. In my room we had a very spacious living area and a nice size kitchen with a full size refrigerator and stove. Each room had dishes for 4 people and pot and skillet plus toaster and coffee maker. It was the best room we have ever had. Customer service was very kind and polite, even the cleaning staff took and other employees took the time to speak when passing us in the hall. Location was very good as the mall was right around down the street, gas station in the back and even a shopping mall that had valet parking (OMG!!) We love this place and look forward to staying at Extended Stay Deluxe for any travel stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Found these guys through a local website: http://rentrodger.com/extended-stay-hotels/
and I was very pleased. Next time I travel back to Madison I will be staying here again, I have stayed quite a few times in Madison, and this ranks as one of the top hotels for the money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We have family in Madison so we visit regularly. We have stayed in this particular hotel several times. Each time we stay we enjoy the convenience of the location, and the roomy suite. Though it's not a 4-star facility, it is clean, roomy, and convenient. Most of all, the price is right! The staff is always friendly and helpful. We'll continue to stay here time after time when we come to Madison.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
0.1 km away
2.5 km away
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
2.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Address: 45 Junction Ct, Madison, WI 53717-2159 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Price Range: ₹ 6,696 - ₹ 17,771 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison