All reviews bus lines campus visit badger fans first floor a great place to stay comfortable bed state street front desk staff students uw wisconsin amenities college pillows suite laundry
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We had three problems during our visit at the Wisconsin Union South Hotel. First, the beds were dirty! Upon pulling back the covers of the bed, pieces of black debris were located on both beds. It was promptly changed and Doug, the building manager at night, was terrific to work with and changed them. He told us that they have had problems with the linen company which does their laundry. I attached a picture of the debris. We are not sure what it is. It might be time to change the company who provides this service. Secondly, the air conditioning unit would not cool off the room. The maintenance supervisor came up and told us that sometimes they don't work as well because they are 8 years old and the sun beats on the room all day. He was terrific and kind but didn't fix the problem of a stuffy room all night with little air movement. Third, the sink in the bathroom was clogged. That was also fixed. Room was dusty as well. Students at the college work there but we expected more in service and cleanliness than what was given off of the room rate for our experience.

The location of the hotel is incredible! Within walking distance or bus lines to get anywhere on campus, this is the ideal spot. However, with the cleanliness issues, I cannot recommend staying here. Stay at the Hyatt Place with free shuttle service to anywhere on campus for a better experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Perfect place to check out Madison. Located right on campus. Made the campus seem less overwhelming. The tours left from this building.

My expectations were that it wouldn't be so nice. But it was very nice. Clean, beds comfy and quiet. Recommend! Skip the breakfast downstairs though-pricey and it was not good

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The room was amazing. Loved the UW decorations, comfortable bed. Used the coffee machine and fridge. Sent laundry to be done, quick and not expensive. The front desk staff were always helpful, cheerful and full of humor, led by Eugene. Thank you for giving me a home in my alma mater! I stayed a week and would happily book any time I come to Madison. Great location and super food.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2018

During the stay, staff was friendly and rooms were very clean. However, they booked me for an extra day and I did not realize it until I was turning in my expense report. I wrote customer service and they did not reimburse me, even though I checked out at the front desk and was not told I was checking out early.

Room tip: Make sure to double check the dates and prices when you are booking and checking in.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JLE16
wishotel, Manager at Wisconsin Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Greetings--

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any miscommunication. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it was the day-of, we were not able to resell the room.

Best,
Eric

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Great hotel. Located right on the water, our room looked out over the lake. The room was smaller but for one night for the 2 of us we were ok with that. They provided a breakfast in the morning and it was impressive.

Located right next to the union we stopped over to the union for drinks and to watch the music.

A great place to stay.