All reviews memorial union deluxe room state street great location attending a conference eggs made to order student union handy location campus visit breakfast is served conference hotel slept great ironing board located close regular room two night stay comfortable bed
Reviewed 4 August 2018

If you are visiting the University of Wisconsin and looking for a place to stay, look no further than the Lowell Center. The rates are so reasonable, the staff was so friendly, and the location is fantastic. You'll get a great breakfast, a clean and inviting pool, and very comfortable rooms. Mine had a view of the Capitol that was beautiful. I had a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank thelitcoachlady
Lowell C, Manager at Lowell Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear thelitcoachlady:

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Lowell Center. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. Hope to see you here at the UW campus again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Exllent hotel for a few days if you have a conference at the memorial union in Madison. the rooms are spacious with all the amenities. very quiet. large indoor pool and free sauna. free WIFI. Breakfast is very good. simple hotel but very pleasant for a descent prize.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lezard-lezard
Lowell C, Manager at Lowell Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Lezard-lezard:

Thanks so much for allowing us to be your host during your conference stay at the Memorial Union. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to campus!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I was at a conference at UW last week and stayed at the Lowell. I loved the convenient location on campus and just steps from the lake. My room was tidy and clean. It was on the smallish side, and was most definitely a dorm room in its former life, but the bed was comfie, and the bathroom was fine. I liked that it was very quiet. I did not get noise from other rooms or outside. I liked having a fridge in the room for snacks and whatnot. The hotel offers a complementary breakfast with a nice selection of foods - even some cooked to order offerings. The lobby was huge and a nice place to sit and watch the world go by. I loved that it was steps from the lakeside walk and from Memorial Union which is the most awesome student union I have ever visited on a college campus. I spent every evening taking a long walk along the lake and then sitting by the lake at the union enjoying a hand crafted scoop of ice cream from the UW dairy. There were also plenty of adult beverages being sold and enjoyed. There was live music in the band shell every night I was in town. I would definitely stay in the Lowell for my next campus visit. The location and friendly staff make it a very pleasant place to stay!

Room tip: If you care about a lake view, I would request that when you make the reservation.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jennifermZ3892NI
Lowell C, Manager at Lowell Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Jennifer M:

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and our proximity to the lake and the Union. We look forward to seeing you again on your next campus visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Great campus location with quick walk to State street. Rooms are good and modern and breakfast is a good way to start the day. Kerug in the room, my room was shower only - which works for me. I have a view of a roof - but I was not there for the view. Overall, good stay and handy location for the Memorial Union, State street and only a $15 lyft ride from the airport. I would stay again

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank nancyjesca

Dear nancyesca:

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to enjoy the excellent location Lowell Center has to offer. We would love to see you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

My wife and I travel to Madison on the University's dime several times a year. This time we were put up at the Lowell Center. Yes, the rooms are reminiscent of a dorm room. Our room was perfect for one person and adequate for two. The location is perfect, close to State Street and the University. The room was warm when we checked in. Due to some reviews referring to the lack of climate controls, I was surprised to find a thermostat. Set it to 70 degrees and went out for supper. The room was a perfect temperature when we returned. The room (601) was quiet; and the bed was most comfortable. The room included a coffee maker, an ironing board and a refrigerator. Breakfast is served on the lowest floor; and it was really good. There was a young lady who cooked your eggs how you want them. There was fresh fruit and a waffle station, and a couple of juice choices. My wife said the coffee was good; and they had a great assortment of tea. For once the tea drinkers get their due! All in all a very nice breakfast set up.
We were lucky enough to score a spot in their limited parking lot right behind the hotel. I didn't use the pool or the gym; but the pool and the sauna looked very nice.
Just two suggestions...They might want to find another vender for their shampoos and body lotion. They were so full of perfume scent that it stuck with you for days. They were so strong smelling, I would call it a stench. Ditch the gas station toilet paper...'nuf said.
Modestly priced, clean, great location, good breakfast, comfortable room, and screaming fast WiFi. Not to mention a very friendly and helpful staff, made our stay a genuine pleasure. Definitely, we would gladly stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Calicoboy
Lowell C, Manager at Lowell Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Calicoboy:

We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us! We have remodeled and are continuously upgrading Lowell Center so that our guests are comfortable during their stay with us; improved climate control in each one of the guest rooms was one of our top priorities.

Thank you for leaving us a review and we look forward to hosting you again!