“Better for visiting campus than for conference”
Review of Lowell Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Lowell Center
New York City, New York
“Better for visiting campus than for conference”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was a very good affordable option, but it is a little far if you are in town for a conference at the Monona Terrace. They have a great hot breakfast with waffles and eggs and sausage as well as fruit, cereal, and bagels and muffins. Rooms were spacious with direct TV (no HBO) and there is a pool. If you are looking to be close to the action on the UW campus, this is a fantastic option. Very friendly service. Good thing about being further away from the conference center is that it forces you to get to know the town of Madison (you must walk down State Street and around the Capitol).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank flaneur40
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2011

When I arrived on a cool summer evening, my room was freezing. The air conditioning is centralized, so there's no way to adjust it in the room. The person I asked for help at the front desk was brusque and dismissive, but said she'd get someone to try to adjust the vents. That person never came. Ditto the next morning when I asked again. I'm not a fussy traveler, and almost always am content with the places where I stay (which are never anything fancy). This is a glaring exception, however--a place to avoid the next time you're in Madison!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank archie_leach65
LowellMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thanks for providing your candid feedback. Your opinion is very important to us and I'm so sorry you had such an "icy" experience during your recent stay with us. I can understand how frustrating our response must have been. I'm going to share your feedback with our entire management and front desk team. I'd welcome additional conversation about this if you'd like. I can be reached at 608-890-0392. Thanks again.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 8 July 2011

You have to have some university affiliation or an on-campus event in order to stay here. If that's you, you will save a lot of money on your stay in Madison. My room was half the price of what I've paid in other Madison hotels, and it was just as clean and cheerful if not more so. The morning breakfast in the large dining hall was quite extensive: hot items, cereals, bagels, fruit, waffles. The location, whether you're heading to UW or to downtown, cannot be beat either. All in all, the Lowell Center is a bargain.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Citizen_of_Amherst
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I"m so glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I loved every moment of my stay in the Lowell Center. The front desk staff were extremely nice and gave me a room on a high floor - per my request. My room had a beautiful view of the frozen lake.
Besides: The room was brand new - Nice bathroom and the bed was so comfortable! The service was excellent: there was a problem with the door to my room but they fixed it right away. The internet worked albeit not on my iPhone. Complimentary breakfast was really nice and hit the spot. All in all, it was great value for the money and I really recommend staying there. I hope to be back there soon!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 October 2010

All of us from my family were very happy with our stay in Lowell Center. The morning breakfast was awesome. My younger son forgot one of his T-shirts in the room and they sent it back to us via priority mail. Room was very clean and the stuff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business