“Not Bad. Great room.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Merton, Wisconsin
“Not Bad. Great room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our room at the Hyatt Place in Madison was excellent. It was probably the first room I've stayed in with a wraparound couch. The bed was comfortable, we had a large LED TV, and the actual shower itself was large, but the bathroom was small. Unfortunately, we were there during the girls state high school basketball tournament, so the breakfast area was jammed packed. The food and selection was good, but just too crowded. The pool is very small and the fitness center is small. I thought parking was kind of a pain, especially since you had to get on 2 elevators from the garage to get to your room. I really wasn't all that crazy about the lobby area in this hotel. The location of the hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: We got a room in the very front middle of the hotel which had 3 windows with a nice view of Washingt...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Woodruff, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were in town for a paddle sport convention. This hotel is situated in downtown Madison. It is a stones throw from the Capitol building and very near many shops and restaurants. I can not say enough about this hotel. The service was friendly, check in was a breeze. The rooms are huge and state of the art everything!! The complimentary breakfast in the morning was above and beyond anything I have ever seen for a "free" breakfast. (only wish they offered coffee thru-out the day, paid $3.17 for a small cup of joe at their bar) Speaking of the bar..... they have a little bar set up and it's open until midnight. They also offered a free shuttle to the convention center. The pool area leaves a little to be desired, (no hot tub) and the gym was quite small, but we went early enough to get a machine. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else on my next trip to "Mad Town"!!! This place is awesome!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure any room in this hotel would be wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Our family was in Madison last weekend for the Canoecopia Paddlesport Convention. I have been in the Madison area several times for paddlesport related activities and this was my first stay at the Hyatt.

*The downtown location is perfect because the Capitol, bars, restaurants and activities are within walking distance.
*Our room was very comfortable and clean and the hotel staff was professional, friendly and attentive.
*The breakfast with skillet sandwiches, fruit salad, yogurt and a multitude of other breakfast options is great and there was plenty of seating even though the hotel was full.
*WIFI is free.
* Parking is $10/night which is very reasonable because parking fees are not unusual for city hotels. The hotel does have a shuttle and we used it to get back and forth from the Alliant Energy Center.
*There is a small indoor pool and fitness center which we were too busy to use.

This Hyatt exceeded our expectations and we will definitely stay at this hotel when we return to Madison.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Located in the heart of Madison, it is easy walking to the capitol and restaurants. The shuttle is able to take you most other places. The free breakfast has everything a health nut would want and more for those less concerned!

Friendly staff and very clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was my first time in Madison, WI and I really didn't know what to expect. I looked at hotels that looked like they were centrally located downtown since I wanted to get a chance to explore the city on foot.

I saw excellent reviews for the Hyatt Place and after staying there, I can see why. The hotel itself is located about three blocks from the center of Madison and the Capital Building. You are a 5 - 10 minute walk from tons of restaurants and bars so you don't have to worry about taking a cab unless it's cold, which of course it can be in Madison!

The rooms are brand-new and really feel more like you're staying in a condo than in a hotel room. I liked having a separate living room and bedroom and a spotless bathroom is high on my list so this was great to see.

The staff was very helpful when I checked in and helped me setup a cab in the morning and some places to go that night. I will definitely be staying at the Hyatt Place next time I'm in Madison.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a five-star rating is because there is no restaurant/bar in the hotel. This is something I really like about the Hyatt's that I've stayed in across the globe that unfortunately the Hyatt Place properties lack.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business