“Ordered online - Poor service”
Review of Koi Sushi

Koi Sushi
Ranked #593 of 1,117 Restaurants in Madison
Description: Koi Sushi 洞庭湖 is a Japanese Restaurant & Chinese Restaurant located in Madison, WI. We offer Chinese Food, Japanese Food, Sushi, Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chinese take out & more. Here at Koi Sushi , our mission is to always provide quality Food at an affordable price. The success of our Chinese & Sushi Restaurant is due to the dedication we provide to our customers. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority! Contact us or check out our website for more information!
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered a bento box through Eat Street. I arrived at the restaurant when the application indicated that my order is ready. I waited an additional 20 minutes. Then they told me that they accidentally made a different order than what I chose - I said I’ll just take what they made. Once I got home, I received a text from the restaurant, telling me to come back, because they left out the alaskan roll that came with my order.
The food was actually not bad. However, due to the service, I probably won’t eat there again.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed with the food and service. I was seated 10 minutes before the server came over. My food was so so. I ordered the tempura appetizer and almost all the pieces looked to be a sliced potato. One piece was so tough I could not bite through it

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

(Written by my wife) On the occasion of a college visit with my seventeen year old son, we found ourselves wandering State Street on a frigid evening with temperatures in the low single digits. After our 1st choice in restaurant had an hour wait, we were adrift. My son refused to walk far in the freezing temps, and I refused to experience chain fast food when we were checking out a college. I was worried about Koi Sushi due to its low rating, but established that the ratings were due to newness. I ordered spring rolls, avocado rolls & sweet potato rolls and my son had beef fried rice and miso soup. We were both very grateful to share a pot of hot tea. The service was attentive and the food was good and the menu was vast with offerings such as fish head, frogs and intestines. I would probably give it 4 stars, but I think it needs to move up some in the ratings.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Never tried koi before. Mainly got entrees and apps so not sure how the sushi is but everything else was solid

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and flavor of the food. We had a California roll for appetizer, Hunan green beans and chili chicken. Service was outstanding. They were out of green tea, and had no desserts which were shown on the menu. We will be back! The menu is vast. We were the only American patrons, which was also a testament to the authentic Asian cuisine.

Date of visit: July 2017