“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food took awhile to arrive but was very good. Be aware they charge for any substitutions. I guess they really don't substitute, It doesn't make sense they charge full price for the meal without the potato and then charge more for the side salad. The Kelly steak was really tender and very tasty.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have always liked this place and stopped here several times in the past few years. Dark wood and cold beer, Irish food and American. Nothing special, but good atmosphere. We stopped here last week and experienced such a nasty waitress that we walked out before we were even seated. Erin, a waitress there was so nasty that when she showed us to our table we told her we had decided to eat someplace else. It's a shame when waitresses are rude to customers. We won't be back. We went down the road to a TGF Fridays and had a very nice meal with smiling waitresses.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've enjoyed the food at Erin's many times. But, last night was the last time I will tolerate their perpetually lousy service and attitude. I went in with my husband and 2 sons just before 5:00 for an early dinner. We were seated in a big room with just one other table of four or fewer guests. Our waitress walked back & forth 4 times to that table before saying she'd be with us soon. We were there for 15 minutes before she took our drink order. Her attitude was as though our being there was a massive inconvenience. I ordered hot tea. She brought a cup of hot water and a selection of 4 teas. I asked for sugar and milk. I was charged an extra dollar for the milk for my tea. This is supposed to be an Irish pub restaurant. In Ireland, tea is served with sugar and milk just like many people drink their coffee with sugar and cream. I was told by the manager that coffee drinkers are not charged extra for the cream they put in their coffee, but that tea drinkers will always be charged an extra dollar to put milk in their tea, making it $3.59 for a cup of hot tea. The food remains good, and the de or is cute, but the gruffness of their server was matched with the gruffness of their manager. When I explained to her that our server took far too long to greet us and was impolite and inconvenienced by our patronage, she snipped that they were very busy. I suggested that other servers elsewhere manage to maintain a better attitude even when challenged with a lot of guests to serve. She snapped that although only 2 tables were occupied on this side of the restaurant, they were very busy and only had 2 servers on duty when we arrived and were waiting for their dinner crew of 6 more to start their shifts. So, I asked if she thought it would have been better if they weren't understaffed. She snapped that they were not understaffed. I disagreed because if the server can't handle her assigned tables without a bad attitude and bad service, they must be understaffed. There are far too many wonderful restaurants in the area, so I will no longer allow the bad service at Erin's to ruin what was supposed to be an enjoyable evening out. After all, when you go out to dinner, aren't you hoping to have fun, and not have a server's bad attitude spoil it?

1  Thank scubawombat
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Food was terrific. Waited 1 hour before we received drinks, including water. Dinner took 3 hours. Entree's came out missing parts. Orders were not correct. One entrée never made it to the table before all others were finished eating. It was brought out in a to-go container. Wait staff offered to remove several meals from the tab, offered free dessert to-go for all for no charge. Desserts took another half hour. One person in our party had a nut allergy, confirmed with the wait person a dessert that she was able to eat. When she opened her dessert back at our hotel, there were nuts all over the top of the dessert. Will never return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We came up to Madison all the way from Rockport,Texas. Have to say that this was the best fish and chips we have ever had, and I live on the coast. Nice light batter just right for malt vinegar. Get the colcannon as a side and use the real butter they offer to make it super tasty. The cheese curds were some of the best I had in Wisconsin. Their signature Irish Ale is a perfect balance for the meal. All the staff was friendly and we enjoyed it enough that we returned the next night. Great selection of tap beers and speciality drinks to round out the evening outside on on the patio. We had a service dog with us and they didn't bat an eye. If you come to Madison take the drive up to Erin's and skip the crowded downtown area and enjoy an evening on the patio.