All reviews the club lounge front desk starbucks coffee shuttle service alliant energy center close to downtown hotel bar shower head business trip pool and hot tub fitness center king bed josephine lobby josh lake conference
Reviewed 29 January 2018

There arent many food options in the restaurant, and most of the food was fairly bland. The staff however was super friendly. We probably wouldn't have eaten there more than once, but Alison was so wonderful about making sure that we had everything we needed and that everything was to our liking, that we ended up eating there 4 more times over the weekend.

I was really put off by having to have meal tickets in order to have breakfast in the club lounge. I was under the impression that was the purpose of needing a key to get into the lounge. It was especially inconvenient, since the person checking us in never issued those tickets or mentioned that we would need them. Tish's personality was a bit loud and jarring, but she was super helpful about fixing the problem with needing tickets, and very attentive to our needs. Julie was the rockstar of the lounge though. She was helpful, yet unobtrusive, making sure that all the food and drinks were full at all times. When they ran out of the tea I like, she took it on herself to hunt more down so that it would be there the next time I visited.

Housekeeping was my least favorite part of the trip. On a three night stay, I had to visit the front desk or hunt down housekeeping to get my room cleaned twice. The second time, the towels were just tossed on the shelf/racks. Some weren't folded and none of them looked neat. We also left some dirty plates outside our room one morning, and when we returned in the evening, they were still there.

If it weren't for the individuals going above and beyond what I expect for service, I would have given a considerably lower rating, and I would consider other hotels before this one the next time I need to stay in Madison.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Tatiana L, other at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Kali R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback on the Sheraton Madison Hotel. Allison, one of our restaurant supervisors, is a huge asset to the Sheraton Madison team and we are so glad that she was able to make your stay more delightful! Tish and Julie up in the club lounge are also vital to our Sheraton Madison team and we love having them with us.

As for your housekeeping, I certainly apologize that this was the case! We will pass along your comments and make sure that this is not something that happens again.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Madison Hotel! We were in town to receive some important news and were treated incredibly well by Greg, Josh, and the full staff at Sheraton. We had the opportunity to interact most closely with Josh, who made our stay incredibly comfortable given the circumstances! We have stayed there before and love the hotel! The close proximity to the Beltline also makes for an added bonus.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear the_true_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a few comments on the Sheraton Madison Hotel. Greg, our general manager, and Josh, our Front Office Supervisor, are two of the people who make this hotel so wonderful to stay at! We are so happy that they were able to take care of you during your stay.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 25 January 2018

The title sums it up well. It is a nice hotel that gets the job done. Don't expect anything incredible, but it also didn't have any big faults. Stayed here in a 2 queen bed room for a football game.

Everything about the hotel is very average, its a decent room, with a decent sized bathroom. Nothing was the worst I have ever had, nothing was the best I have ever had. With that said, though, I did have a good time and it fulfilled the job I needed done, a place to sleep. Don't come here expecting fireworks and a spectacular hotel.

The service was very good though, since it was a big football weekend, they moved the breakfast from the executive lounge to one of their ballrooms which was nice. There was obviously tons of room there and the food was very good. Only complaint is that the 2nd day they ran out of some of the food very quickly (no bagels or pastries by 8 am), but again it was a football weekend so take that for a grain of salt.

The one downside is the location is very inconvenient, it is about a 10-15 min ride to the city and about the same to the football stadium (no traffic). If you are looking for an affordable hotel, this fits the bill, but if you want something downtown close to the activity, this won't meet that.

I would probably stay here again if I was in town for a meeting or conference, but not if I am planning on going downtown frequently, its just too inconvenient to get down there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Tatiana L, other at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Brian T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Sheraton Madison hotel! We certainly appreciate all feedback. We understand that Badger football weekends in Madison are a huge deal and each year, we try our hardest to improve upon the last!

I am also happy to let you know that we will be starting a complete hotel renovation this year and we are so excited to share this with our guests, past and future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This Sheraton is terrific. We stay here often when we have late-night events downtown Madison. It's a much more cost effective hotel than staying on the capital square. You can typically find an express deal for well under $100. Parking is free and ample. The cab / uber is less than $10 to anywhere downtown.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear EagerWander,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy that you experienced a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Tatiana L

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Recently, my family experienced a very serious medical emergency that took a number of them to Madison to be with an ill family member. I live a very long distance away, but was the one to set up all of the reservations for my family while they were together. I reached out to their Assistant Front Office Manager, Tatiana, before their arrival to make sure all the details were arranged (pre-payment, extra amenities in the rooms, needing them to be close together, etc). She came through for us with every detail, and made a very difficult situation MUCH easier on everyone. My family was very impressed with the care they received from the staff at the Sheraton Madison, and I wanted to make sure others heard about it. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sarah B,

It was my absolute pleasure to make sure that your family had the best available accomodations during this difficult time. I am delighted to hear that my staff was able to help as well. If you are in the Madison area, please stop by and we would love to have you!