“My stay at the Sheraton in Madison” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Longview, Texas
“My stay at the Sheraton in Madison”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

So foar I have stayed two different weeks at the Madison Sheraton. The front desk staff is always smiling and helpful. My rooms have been fantastic, clean, and very comfortablee. The restaurant is awesome and the staff there were fantastic. This past stay we had a waitress for our dinner on two nights and she was awesome. There is lady in the morning who took my order for breakfast on one morning, so friendly and she remembered me the whole week and even when I came back two weeks later.

And what can I say about Katie Johnson. She is phenomoniminal. It was a great stay,
Jamie

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
It is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your past stays and really found our staff to be welcoming and helpful. I look forward to exceeding your expectations again on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Guest Services Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for one night during a business trip. While I think this hotel COULD be excellent, it falls short in a few areas that made it rather average for me. On the plus side...it was pretty easy to find, there was a ton of parking available, very nice lobby, the room is nice sized, looks clean, and they do offer room service. On the downside...my room smelled of dog urine, though they do not allow dogs. I suspect someone snuck a little Fido in though, and that is how it happened. The bed I did not find all that comfortable, though if you like a thick firm matteress, this might not be an issue for you. They also have screens so you can assumingly open the windows, which is great considering I was on the 5th floor and the room kinda smelled...however, there is a sign on the window that asks you not to use this feature as bugs from the lake still get through the screens. For the record, considering the smell, I still opened them. It was very windy the day I was there so I assume the bugs would not be a problem. Also...the shower head is REALLY short. I am 5'10", and had to crouch down to get the shampoo out of my hair. Literally, it came up to about my chin. I can't imagine how difficult this would be for anyone over 6 feet tall. while overall, I would likely not return unless I found out they addressed these issues... I do want to leave this review on a positive note. I would highly recommend ordering the burger from their room service menu. Not sure what the name of the on-site restaurant is, but it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. On top of that, the room service staff was very nice. They substituted a baked potato and sour cream for me instead of fries at no extra cost...and they were super friendly and helpful both on the phone and in person.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elle55407
Thank you for the very detailed review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize that we fell short of your expectations but am happy that you did enjoy your stay with us. We are a pet friendly hotel but do have a pet fee to be sure we are keeping all of our rooms fresh and clean after our four legged friends have visited. I am truly sorry for the smell in your room and will be sure to address this with our Housekeeping Manager. Your comments have lead to a great discussion with our GM regarding the height of the shower heads and we will be exploring alternative options to improve this for our guests. I hope the next time you are in Madison you consider staying with us again, we would love to have you back and we do make the best and only Big Boy burgers in town!

Croghan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. I am writing to commend the front desk staff for their help during my departure. I was very hurried during the checkout process and needed to get to the airport ASAP. They offered to contact the taxi company and ensured he didn't leave. They paid my cab fare (wow!). They even joined me in searching my room for a personal item (my wallet) I thought I left behind. Well, I made my flight and really appreciate their efforts to go 'above-and-beyond in helping me. They have created a very satisfied guest.
-Ray

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
WOW, what great feedback! I am so happy to hear that you had a memorable experience with us. It is great that our staff was a huge part of this. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Front Office Staff. Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I look forward to the next time you visit us!

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Loved the club level. Good breakfast and appetizers. We stayed here for a concert across the road and they had a shuttle van to the concert for us. Great service!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks for your great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of the club lounge and our complimentary shuttle. I hope you enjoyed the concert! See you next time.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I always stay at the Sheraton when visiting Madison and if you are an SPG member you can get a great rate using points and cash. The hotel since last fall I believe has free internet for guests which is still a rarity for Starwood hotels. Also you are able to print documents in the business center/lobby for free. This really came in handy when I needed to reprint a resume I needed for an interview the following morning. The hotel is convenient to downtown and to UW Madison.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad that we are your first choice in hotels when visiting Madison. We do have the complimentary internet for our guests as well as computers and a printer for our guests to use in our Link @ Sheraton. I am happy that it was helpful to you with printing your resume for an interview, I hope it went well. We will see you next time you are in Madison.

Best Wishes,