“Great Hotel!”

Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We loved this hotel. We weren't there a whole lot but the breakfast was delicious and the front desk staff was attentive and on top of things. We were in town to visit a friend for his birthday so most of the time we were just sleeping here.

Our room was on the first floor which was alright but I tend to dislike first floor rooms. It is convenient and close to everything but sometimes I almost think that is a bad thing. The rooms are very comfortable and similar to other Hampton Inn's. The walls are a little on the thin side. The room next to us woke up very early every morning and woke me up. They weren't being loud just pretty standard morning noise with showers and everything.

The location of this hotel is great. Right off of the interstate and close to shopping and a quick drive down to the downtown area and the University. Very inexpensive and worth it! Would for sure recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very nice place and no complaints. One hiccup though. We stayed two nights and the cleaning lady took down the shower curtain to have it cleaned but forgot to replace it with a new one! I wasn't upset about the missing shower curtain but impressed they changed those everyday.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed on a 1 night family get-away. We were just looking for a simple hotel with a pool. The check-in was quick and easy. After getting to the room, there was an issue with the TV not working. It turned out to be an easy fix, but someone was at my door within 10 minutes of calling to the front desk. The pool/hot tub is not very big, but we had the place to ourselves. Better yet, the pool area was warm (it was a chilly March night) and the water was warm too. Breakfast was just as I expected it to be. I was not expecting to be impressed but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean and the night was quiet. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I loved the closeness to lots of Madison. You are still close to UW, the airport, the mall, etc.
Rooms are typical Hampton, clean and accomodating. It's up a hill and getting to and from is a little tricky because of the frontage road and 4 lane Washington Blvd, so i learned the hard way to get back the first time. But I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed at this Hampton on our way south for the winter on Dec. 30/31, 2011.Parked my vehicle by the side door near our room.This was suggested by the checkin staff. This was a well lighted area and did not see any reason to be concerned. Got up next morning to find the rear liftgate window on my Buick Enclave had been smashed with a rock and 2 suitcases were missing. Other vehicles were not touched. Mine was out of state and out of country and I feel was targeted.
Desk staff assisted me in filing police report and seemed to know the procedure? I did get a refund for the room.
I later recieved a letter from the manager apologizing for the problem and offered me a 50% discount off the regular rate on my next stay. This discount is only available on a non discounted room rate. What an insult !!!!! Are you sure you can afford the 50%????
Watch where you park and check the security.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
sstraka, Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

I want to apologize again for the experience you had at our hotel during your recent visit. I want to ensure you this is not a regular occurrence at the Hampton Inn Madison East. We stand by our 100% Guarantee and try our best to do everything we can to address your concerns. I am truly sorry that the additional ‘50% off your next stay’ letter we sent you came across offensive in anyway, that was not my intention. Please feel free to call me directly when you come back to visit us again and I will make sure you can use the 50% regardless. My email is sheri.straka@hilton.com and my phone number is 608-244-9400. Again, we are truly sorry for your experience and if there is anything further we can do please let me know. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Madison East.