“Great Location, very clean and nice”

Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I loved the closeness to lots of Madison. You are still close to UW, the airport, the mall, etc.
Rooms are typical Hampton, clean and accomodating. It's up a hill and getting to and from is a little tricky because of the frontage road and 4 lane Washington Blvd, so i learned the hard way to get back the first time. But I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed at this Hampton on our way south for the winter on Dec. 30/31, 2011.Parked my vehicle by the side door near our room.This was suggested by the checkin staff. This was a well lighted area and did not see any reason to be concerned. Got up next morning to find the rear liftgate window on my Buick Enclave had been smashed with a rock and 2 suitcases were missing. Other vehicles were not touched. Mine was out of state and out of country and I feel was targeted.
Desk staff assisted me in filing police report and seemed to know the procedure? I did get a refund for the room.
I later recieved a letter from the manager apologizing for the problem and offered me a 50% discount off the regular rate on my next stay. This discount is only available on a non discounted room rate. What an insult !!!!! Are you sure you can afford the 50%????
Watch where you park and check the security.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
sstraka, Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

I want to apologize again for the experience you had at our hotel during your recent visit. I want to ensure you this is not a regular occurrence at the Hampton Inn Madison East. We stand by our 100% Guarantee and try our best to do everything we can to address your concerns. I am truly sorry that the additional ‘50% off your next stay’ letter we sent you came across offensive in anyway, that was not my intention. Please feel free to call me directly when you come back to visit us again and I will make sure you can use the 50% regardless. My email is sheri.straka@hilton.com and my phone number is 608-244-9400. Again, we are truly sorry for your experience and if there is anything further we can do please let me know. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Madison East.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a really nice hotel. I was travelling on business. I like the selection of food from the grill. The lounge area was helpful for an impromptu meeting. I recommend this for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for the east-facing rooms (away from the freeway).
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I visited our family during Thanksgiving. Since we were going to be in Madison for several days, we wanted a hotel that was close to their home, reasonably priced, and a good value for the money. This hotel was clean, comfortable, close to restaurants, and provided a very nice breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The staff was friendly and room was clean and spacious. I would start here again.

• Stayed: November 2011