“Get the quiche!”

The Pie Maker Bakery
Ranked #1 of 9 Quick Bites in Cortez
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I stopped by on my journey, and was so glad I did. This is a cozy little bakery/cafe, which seats about 20. They have a wonderful sage sausage quiche that melts in your mouth, perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. I picked up a couple of the had pies to eat for lunch on the road, and they were delightful, even cold. The cinnamon roll is not too sticky sickly sweet, with just a thin glaze over the surface, but very, very good. The bakery is closed on Sunday and Monday.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 26 August 2018

This little place is a gem. Everything they offer is healthy, delicious and fresh. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

stopped in on a whim...went back two more times in 48 hours. the pie was delicious (chocolate cherry) and the eclairs were so good. the pastry light and fluffy, not soggy in the very least. the guy who ran the place was friendly and fun to talk with. so glad we found it. it's very close to the main drag, right by the city market. so worth a stop

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018

These items are made by a truly gifted baker. The meat pasties and hand tarts are incredible. We liked the beef stout pasty, and the green chili, apple, and cheddar hand tart. You can't wait to take another bite! Her pies are also very good. Homemade bagels. And the cold brew coffee is refreshing. Best bakery I've ever been to.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We have tried repeatedly to get in when the place is open when we visit our in-laws in Cortez, but this was the first successful trip. They had a bourbon pecan pie, two mini chocolate cherry pies, and a savory spinach and cheese hand pie. Took them all and was glad I did. Savory pie was flavorful and they warmed it up in their oven for us. Saved the sweet pies for dessert that night and the next, and they were well received. Cherry and chocolate pies were very good and I would have them again. Pecan pie had great filling consistency and crust of candied nuts. Crust was flaky on each. I will come back again whenever I can make the hours.

Date of visit: May 2018
Tim S, Owner at The Pie Maker Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

We are so glad that you were able to try and enjoy so many things!
Beginning in the spring of 2018, we are open Tuesday through Saturday from 7am to 4pm. We would love to be open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day, but the owners and staff need some down time! Feel free to give us a call if you know you are coming through and we would be happy to hold items or bake off a special order for you.