“Great service with a solid menu, convenient”
Review of Destination Grill

Destination Grill
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Come check us out at Destination Grill (the restaurant formerly known as Koko's). We are a comfortable family restaurant that celebrates the local southwestern cuisine while incorporating culinary influence from all over the world. Our newly remodeled dining room is modest and inviting. And our awesome, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. Dinner, drinks, entertainment, it's all here! #Grilliant
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We ate here on the recommendation of our hotel and because they gave us a coupon (which was very nice). It was very convenient to our hotel (Holiday Inn Express) which was helpful after a busy day at Mesa Verde. The menu was good though many items were similar and nothing really made me think "Oh I have to try that". Everything we had was tasty (burgers, pulled pork and fish tacos) and our server did an excellent job of taking care of us. We loved looking at all of the photographs on the wall- they transport you somewhere else. The photos reminded us of places we had been and inspired new destinations. I would have liked to have seen some different selections on the dessert menu but that is a matter of personal preference. Overall a good experience.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

good afternoon jayneg635! Nothing really jumped out, you say? Nothing? Not the Quail or Korean Tacos? Not even the Rooster Burger? Sadness! Perhaps we need to change some verbage around, get some tantalizing words to reach out and grab your eyeballs, and more importantly - your stomach. I'm glad you enjoyed it, despite the lack of fireworks :) It's awesome that you liked the photos, we picked most of them based on Unesco World Heritage Sites. Except for one: funny story, we ordered a picture called "Macchu Picchu in Morning Fog", what we received was a group photo of some people in rather bad Star Wars costumes. It's currently hanging in our front office, I want to put it in the restaurant, I think it would be a great conversation piece!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Destination Grill

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I had the best Tomato Bisque I have ever had in my life. It was absolutely delicious! The staff were very helpful also. A pleasant experience all round.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Canadianreviewer72!!!! What is that you say? The best Tomato Bisque IN YOUR LIFE?! Thank you thank you thank you! What an insanely awesome compliment! (blush) xoxoxo

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Asked the locals where we should eat dinner since we are from Dallas Tex. First word was Destination. We got there about 845pm and was seated but took a few minutes to get service but they did keep coming by to tell us our waitress would be there soon. We had the burgers and my daughter had the guacamole, she said it was the best she ever had. The burgers were cooked perfect and very tasty. The large fries were great and came with a spicy ketchup. Very pleasant atmosphere, I would definitely go back again.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

OMG Robbin S! That's the second "best I ever had" we've heard this week, and let me just say, "Well Garsh, thank you!" I think we can safely throw in a sheepish grin and a little blush as well. :) I'm going to go tell all the guys in the kitchen right now xoxoxo

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is adequate however the menu was rather limited. Choices consisted of streak, seafood or sandwiches/ hamburgers. I was looking for chicken. Anyway, I didn't do my homework prior to visiting the Destination Grill so that's my fault. The service was attentive. We sat on the outside patio which overlooks the main road through Cortez. While the Reuben's were good they weren't anything special. My daughter had the chili and loved it. The food was quite expensive for what you received.

Well Hello Micheal H! You sound like a true Rueben fan! That being said, can I pick your brain for suggestions on things we can do to put the Rueben over the top? I think putting links to websites is frowned upon on TripAdvisor, but if you hit me up on Facebook on our Destination Grill site I will definitely see it. Seriously, I want to know how we can take it from nothing special to "The Best Rueben Ever". I'll be waiting! xoxoxo

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

There's lots of regional flare and twists on local tastes on this menu, and it seems to work well. A favorite at our table was the Korean Tacos. The Green Chicken Chile was also very good. A nice touch was the small desserts menu, which allows you the chance to have something sweet even if you are stuffed!

There are some good Colorado beers on draft as well.

Our server was knowledgeable and not afraid to make recommendations.

A kids' menu is also available. Note that the kids' quesadilla is pretty small if your kid has a big appetite.

This restaurant shares the same parking lot with the Holiday Inn Express, which was convenient since we were guests at the hotel.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hello MandanaJames! Thank you for noticing the regional flare and twists, we were a little skeptical about the Korean Tacos, as delicious as they are - only because of their simplicity. But hey, simple is sometimes so much better (BLT, I'm looking at you!) I'm glad you liked them! And yes, we specifically designed the dessert menu to be small things, it seems to me that very few people save room for dessert. Why deprive them just for that? All you really need is a few bites of something awesome to let your tastebuds know the meal has concluded, right?

Been to Destination Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK