“Interesting Menu”

Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Come check us out at Destination Grill (the restaurant formerly known as Koko's). We are a comfortable family restaurant that celebrates the local southwestern cuisine while incorporating culinary influence from all over the world. Our newly remodeled dining room is modest and inviting. And our awesome, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. Dinner, drinks, entertainment, it's all here! #Grilliant
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

There's lots of regional flare and twists on local tastes on this menu, and it seems to work well. A favorite at our table was the Korean Tacos. The Green Chicken Chile was also very good. A nice touch was the small desserts menu, which allows you the chance to have something sweet even if you are stuffed!

There are some good Colorado beers on draft as well.

Our server was knowledgeable and not afraid to make recommendations.

A kids' menu is also available. Note that the kids' quesadilla is pretty small if your kid has a big appetite.

This restaurant shares the same parking lot with the Holiday Inn Express, which was convenient since we were guests at the hotel.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hello MandanaJames! Thank you for noticing the regional flare and twists, we were a little skeptical about the Korean Tacos, as delicious as they are - only because of their simplicity. But hey, simple is sometimes so much better (BLT, I'm looking at you!) I'm glad you liked them! And yes, we specifically designed the dessert menu to be small things, it seems to me that very few people save room for dessert. Why deprive them just for that? All you really need is a few bites of something awesome to let your tastebuds know the meal has concluded, right?

Reviewed 27 July 2017

The staff was very attentive, even approaching us about moving inside when it started to sprinkle, as we were discussing it. The food was well prepared and presented. The party of four were able to talk and enjoy each others company without the feeling of being rushed.

Good afternoon, Lance P! Yep, that is the downside to the patio - rain. And my personal favorite (not), the wind. We like to make sure people don't get stranded on the patio when the weather turns. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My family and I were staying at the Holiday Inn that is immediately adjacent to this place. No car needed, just on the other side of the Holiday Inn parking lot. Went there for dinner one night and was not disappointed. No wait for a table, quick, quality service medium priced and decent quality. Need I say more. Worth the try if you're looking for a good restaurant in Cortez.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

FlemingIslandFL! Thank you for the review, my new goal is to rise above "decent" and get into the category of " Holy Cannoli, this place is awesome! "

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical once we realized this seemed to be on the same property as the Holiday Inn Express... I was pleasantly surprised! The lamb for dinner was excellent! Cooked exactly medium as ordered. Decent wine list too. Our server Jaime was great, attentive without being pushy. Clean with nice decor. Enjoyed it!

Hello, usernameless reviewer! I too am skeptical of restaurants near hotels which is slightly ironic, I suppose. Thankfully other people like yourself who share my skepticism have overcome that and given us a shot anyway. And tried the Lamb Lollipops no less! High five to you, and thank you for the shout out!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We stopped here on our cross country trip. We actually thought it was going to be a bar attached to a hotel. Which it was, until the food came. Wow was it great!!! Everything is made on an outside grill. My husband had the lamb lollipops and I had salmon. Wonderful!!! And the crème Brule was dynamite. Different because it wasn't topped with the usual sugar but with really good maple syrup and lava rock salt. We were raving about our meal to our waitress Casey and she went to ask the chef to come out. Freedom was so much fun to talk to. She was excited to talk about our food and you could see the pride that she took. Definitely one of the dining highlights of our 4 weeks on the road!!!

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

ReneeD351! Yay! I'm so glad Casey came and asked me to talk to you, I swear, every time I hear "there's a table that would like to talk to you" I get a little nervous. Did they like it? Are they angry? Is something wrong? SO needless to say it was nice to meet you and your family, and it's always great to hear about people that are excited about the food they just ate, and the restaurant in general. The grill outside is always a great conversation piece as well, I think I should post some pictures of it in the winter time. I remember we were talking about how crazy it is to have to shovel snow out of the kitchen before you open. But we wouldn't have it any other way.
In any case, from the bottom of my and our hearts, thank you so much for the words and for your enthusiasm. It makes it all worth it! XOXOXO

Been to Destination Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK