“Good food, great service”
Review of Destination Grill

Destination Grill
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Come check us out at Destination Grill (the restaurant formerly known as Koko's). We are a comfortable family restaurant that celebrates the local southwestern cuisine while incorporating culinary influence from all over the world. Our newly remodeled dining room is modest and inviting. And our awesome, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. Dinner, drinks, entertainment, it's all here! #Grilliant
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This was a fun place to eat with a comfortable atmosphere. The menu had some interesting choices that were very good. The roasted romaine was really yummy.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hi Cindy B! I don't know what compelled me to do this, but I went a little TripAdvisor stalker and noticed that the only other restaurant that you have reviewed was in Croatia! And it looks AMAZING! I am so jealous. Let me also say that we are honored to be your other review, and the fact that our grilled romaine was really yummy in comparison to Tavulin means a lot. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant right next to the holiday in express. Servers in the Bar were fun, happy hour everyday 4-6.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Jimbobmw01! Short, sweet and to the point, i love it! Lucky us to have such an awesome crew to work with :)

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My husband and I ate twice at this restaurant during our 2 nights stay in Cortez and we enjoyed it very much.
Place, managed by a young people team, is very nice. We chose to seat outside on a beautiful wooden terrace to enjoy the sunset and the cool wind!
Both times we ordered special soups (a mix of southwestern and mexican flavours) and entrées. The first evening we tasted 2 perfect grilled pork chops with mashpotatoes and vegetables; the second evening we chose a really good grilled salmon (always come with 2 sides) .
We also tried an original creme brulée topped with maple syrup and hawaiian black salt, highly recommended!
Good choice of draft beers!

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Good evening ALBLONDIE62! Woop woop on the Creme Brulee, I will never get tired of hearing that it is highly recommended. Even more so because you took note of our little twist on it, so thank you very much. And I have to give a shout out to Dolores River Brewing Company for providing our draft beers, Mark makes some of the best beer I've ever had. Until next time! xoxoxo

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Located across the parking lot from the Holiday Inn it makes for a nice dinner close by after a long day. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn there is a 5% discount. Not much but it is something. The grilled romaine salad is very nice. Something I had not tried before.

Well Hello nmbiela! Yes, we are very close indeed. And who doesn't like being close? Except when you're very close to 5 stars, but only make it to 4. We must change that! Hit me up, send me an email, let me know how we can hit your 5 star mark! xoxoxo

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stopped in on a Sunday night by myself, traveling for work. I say out on the deck for a while but was cool and moved in to the bar. The patio furniture is super comfortable and would really be a nice spot to hang out. As somebody that drinks A LOT of water, I really like that they give you a cold bottle of water to pour yourself. Especially in this dry climate.

I thought they were open until 10 and planned to hand out a bit, but realized they closed at 9 and it was 8:45. Yikes, I apologized, and they were quite nice (they also too a to go order at 9:01). I ordered the Korean pork tacos with chips and salsa as my side. I really enjoyed them, they had a delicious flavor and were plenty large enough.

My only critique is that the coleslaw was mixed into the pork and its spicy sauce. My preference would have been to have the slaw separate from the pork. It just would have been nice to have the contrast rather than it being mixed with the sauce, as delicious as it was.

I also enjoyed a nice cocktail. Friendly staff, especially with help in getting half my food boxed so I take it back to hotel. I enjoyed my experience and may be back later this week. Walking distance to three hotels - Holiday Inn, Baymont and Hampton Inn.

Freedom777, General Manager at Destination Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

ILoveBourbon! Nice to meet you, ILoveScotch! And yes, the patio is a wonderful place to hang out, especially in the evening. I agree, it is a little odd to be closing so early, and we have recently moved our hours to 9:30, but this has been a weird summer. The restaurant just simply dies out at right after 9.
High five Korean Tacos! And I totally hear your critique, the slaw isn't supposed to be mixed in with the pork, I'll see what happened with that. Make sure we don't have any rogue cooks making strange decisions with plating procedures... I'm glad you liked it, nonethess. :)
I hope you made it back! xoxoxo

Been to Destination Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK