“Not what it use to be”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Ownership has changed, and unforunatly so has its chariture and food. I find this establishment too be more pricey then others and the food is not as good. It is sad because a couple of years ago I enjoyed this place, we would eat here often with family members.

1  Thank Thomas M

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I'd give this place a zero if I actually could. Ordered drinks, took over 20 minutes to get them. Ordered the beef fajita. Got 5 or 6 very tough strips of beef with the usual peppers and onions. However, by the time the waitress got the plates and silverware that was missing from the table, my food was getting cold. I asked for a beer when I requested the plates and silverware, finally got it with my check. I'd skip this place altogether.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

This restaurant is located across the parking lot from the Days Inn. I had dinner there. The first thing I noticed was the daily special for a fresh margarita for $14.95! Out of my price range! I had green chile enchiladas. They were average but plentiful and came with rice and beans. The service was good. I would recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

First, I left a tip and went to pay for my two meals. I gave the waitress 50 and she said she only had 4 dollars, and looked at me like "what do you want me to do" I was so angry with the meal I just took the four dollar, she ended up with pretty much a $10 tip. We are from New Mexico and have tasted, New Mexican, Mexican, Spanish, and Nav-ican food, this does not come close to anything I have ever came experienced and not in a good way either! First the rice is seems to be frozen, the peas,are shriveled and don't belong in the rice neither does the carrots, I'll give corn can be. The beans have to be canned they smell like canned beans, I have cooked them in my own home when I need a quick meal. But when I go to a restaurant canned beans with Manteca added is not acceptable. Then both the super burrito and the asada burrito had green beans no joke,not green chili green beans. The 'red chilli' is canned enchilada sauce. The guac had bell peppers and celantro, to each their own but I wouldn't call it guacamole. The taco had fast food quality beef. Truly disappointing!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This place is way underrated on Trip Advisor. We spent 3 nights in Cortez and were beginning to wonder if we were going to find a place that provided good food and good service. We ate here our last night in Cortez. The food was excellent and the service we had was exceptional. We ate at La Casita De Cortez on our first night in Cortez and the service was okay, and the food was just average. However, we found that Fiesta Mexicana had much better food, better service, lager portions, and they actually put cheese on their Mexican Food. Hands down, the best Mexican food and restaurant that we ate at during our stay in Cortez.