“The best mexican food in the area”

Tequila's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 6 January 2018

i live locally, and love Tequila's chili relllenos! This is my favorite place to eat! Waiters and staff friendly and efficient. We have a casa in Mexico also, and this food is authentic, and delicious. they have a full bar too

Reviewed 1 January 2018

The front desk clerk and the hotel recommended Tequilas. Glad she did! The mole sauce was some of the best I've had. Chips were fresh, crisp, and not too salty. The salsa was a bit boring, but, I like mine spicier. Service was good. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

After a terrible experience at another local restaurant last week (where it took 20 minutes to get a weak drink and almost an hour to get terrible salads and pizza), I decided to actually time our dinner, just so I could appreciate the difference between a place that actually cares about it's customers and one that didn't.
We had two waters and chips, salsa and Mexican slaw on the table before we even got a chance to take our hats off and settle in. In less than a minute our drink order was taken and we had two very tasty margaritas on the table in 4 minutes, at which time our dinner orders was take (we already knew what we wanted before coming in). Even though they were very busy at dinner time on a Friday night, out meals were out to us in 10 minutes. Very tasty, hot and plenty of food on the plate. Good rice and beans, and my enchilada and taco were excellent. My husband especially loved his tamale with pulled pork. Water glasses were refilled and three times during the meal a server stopped by to see if we needed anything (I did take them up on another delicious margarita which necessitated my husband had to drive us home). Great drinks, good solid food and really amazing service. It's no wonder there was a full house here. They are doing it right.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is a nice restaurant located on the eastern side of Cortez. It is easy to find and has parking. The food was very delicious, full of SW flavors. It seemed to be popular with the locals which is always a good sign.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We currently live in New Mexico and therefore often eat Mexican. But I have to admit that Tequila's in Cortez, Colorado has the best Mexican food ever! I can not explain exactly why, but we loved it. My husband had fajitas and I had Quesadilla. It was so tasty! The margaritas are also highly recommended. Very friendly and competent service. Within walking distance to the Econo Lodge Motel.

Been to Tequila's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK