“Great food and service”
Review of Ute Coffee Shop

Ute Coffee Shop
Ranked #38 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Had family lunch and the food was delicious! Very attentive server! Will definitely go back again! :)

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Prices seemed high for the value. Quiet, typical Breakfast/Lunch atmosphere. The ruben was small, good, and overpriced. Service was attentive. Pretty varied menu.

I definitely prefer Jack and Janell's for a casual meal.

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Went their for breakfast. When you first walk in the waitresses are prompt to get you seated and your first drink. That's it. They took there time after that to get A mediocre breakfast at best. Wife's chicken fried steak was past over done Had to ask for a refill of my coffee and she walked away before filling my wife's cup.

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 20 July 2015

This reminds me of the sandwich-pie-coffee Coffee Shops of days gone by (like the Edward Hopper painting) but with Native American decor and a nice little salad bar. Tucked adjacent to a diesel truck service shop and a little hard to get to if you're headed north (you must drive a little beyond it and turn in a cut across the median), it's nevertheless well worth the effort. I stopped in for lunch and grabbed a booth in the back ("sit anywhere, hon...") and sank deep into the booth cushion. The waitress quickly greeted me, delivered a menu and asked for my drink order. Within a few minutes I had the special Ute Burger on its way. The fellows in the NAPA auto parts place down the street had recommended this burger and the fries ("thick, old fashioned style") but I opted for the burger and salad bar. The salad bar was compact, with a typical large bowl of torn iceberg lettuce and the usual toppings and dressings, but what intrigued me was finding items not typically found on a salad bar, namely pickled okra and peeled/sliced kiwi. After I finished my salad, the burger arrived. The Ute Burger was a nicely crusted thick patty (handmade, I think) topped with thin sliced ham and a slice of swiss cheese. Lettuce, tomato and onions were presented on the upended top bun. The waitress suggested mayo on the side, and I spread a light portion on the bottom bun. This was a thick yet tasty combination. It's the kind of burger you need to cut in two to make manageable. I finished the meal with another trip to the salad bar to get a couple more pickled okra. Very satisfying and a reasonable value at $8.99. Heard a couple of ranchers in the next booth talking about the "hot bean soup" which I concluded was hot-spicy. The place had a good crowd in and out through the lunch hour, and it looked like many were local residents/regular customers. The only con is that it took a little while for the waitress to bring my check. But in a place like this, if you're in a hurry, just go up to the cash register and they'll ring you out immediately. I'd definitely go back and maybe try that hot bean soup.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

When road tripping, we never "fast food it", for two reasons, one, there are too many good mom and pop restaurants to try out and two, it just plain sucks! When traveling, and going into a small town, we look to see what restaurant has the most cars out front, tis a good sign that the locals are chasing a good meal. Worn tables, dated cool decor, unique bathrooms and a cool waitress (who was very busy) made for a great lunch. Our rule pays off, again. Good food!! As we move on, I'm sorry I live so far away, I wish I could have a weekly visit.

Thank Rich and Nanett... K

Been to Ute Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK