“Good brisket an ribs”

Jimmers BBQ
Ranked #26 of 71 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Right next door to Super 8 (which was excellent) and a City Market across the street. For $12 got brisket and 2 meaty tender ribs and two sides. Only no alcohol. Interior "out west" style with animal heads on the walls. I know some people do not like that.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've been a loyal local customer here since they opened. I've been understanding as employees came and went and the business stabilized. Eaten here over 75 times at this point, even suggested my company get their holiday meal catered by this establishment (with mixed but passable results).

They recently converted from a traditional "cafeteria" type order at the counter to a "full service" with waitstaff. Well, 'wait' is the operative word there. I cannot say a bad word about the staff themselves, they sure try. The lack of management and oversight is to blame. The wait times are through the roof (in the 3 last trips, my lowest wait time was 35 minutes for two entrees..this is BBQ here, remember.)

Today's order, two basic entrees (a fat boy taco and a loaded baked potato, no sides), in their old system would've taken maybe 10 minutes. Everything is pre-prepared for our order, no fries to fry, nothing else, just assemble and serve. Today it took 10 minutes to get our drink order taken, and an additional 42 minutes before I went up to inquire about our order which had not been started. The table next to us with 3 entrees was served before ours was started. I told the girl to cancel our order and offered to pay for our drinks. She was kind and comp'd our drinks. Obviously not her fault that the restaurant is understaffed and disorganized.

The food is usually good (the sides are lackluster, the BBQ is decent though).. but after three really poor experiences over the last couple months (tried to let them get their stuff sorted out), I will not return.

1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Sign says wait to be seated.. after 10 minutes we picked up a menu & seated ourselves. 1 waitress, 1 cook, 20% full.
Waitress more concerned with getting her coke...20 minutes for her to take our order. 20 minutes to bring our order. 2 tables walked out. 3rd table asked for tab & waited 30 minutes.

Great food, amateur hour for service.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! It is clean and nicely decorated inside including a fireplace! The turkey was so good and adding the original sauce took it over the top! The potato salad was yummy! The onion rings were crisp and not oily! You have to come here when you are in town! Price is good for a family!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We had lunch with the kids, enjoyed a really good pulled pork sandwich. We also liked the good sized kids meals with a free choice from the menu, our son really enjoyed his rips!