“Wish they were in our town”

La Casita De Cortez
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 February 2018

My wife and I were traveling across country and landed one night in Cortez CO. Our hotel made several recommendations and we tried La Casita De Cortez and were very pleased. The service was excellent, food delicious, and inexpensive. My only complaint is that it's in Cortez CO not our home town.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Appreciate the prior reviews. We enjoyed eating here. We tried the three item combo with shredded beef burrito, chicken enchilada, and chile relleno. It was very good. Enjoyed the bean dip which contained chorizo in the recipe! And the surprise free dessert was like miniature sopapillas with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Staff were cheerful and helpful. A place to visit again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018

My wife and I ate here twice coming and going through Cortez. The food was great and tasty. The staff was friendly. It was very busy both times we visited. Happy atmosphere and the other dinners seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stopped here on our way from Mesa Verde NP. Every dish that we ordered was made fresh for us and it was very tasty. If you look at other reviewer's pictures you will see a typical Mexican fare. What pictures do not show is the taste and quality of the food and it was excellent! From time to time when I think about our trip I think about this place and want to go back.

The only think I could complain about is how small and narrow the restroom is.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Casita de Cortez has great outdoor seating and service--not many places in town do because of the highway noise, but Casita has its outdoor spot tucked between buildings and it dampens the noise.
The fare here is average--no problems but nothing to rave about. I did find the atmosphere to be less congenial than other restaurants in town. I ate here one and have not been entied into returning.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to La Casita De Cortez? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK