“Great food and best guac ever!”

La Casita De Cortez
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We were visiting Mesa Verde for a couple of days and this restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. This was the best meal we had on our entire two week vacation through five states. They had very nice patio seating. The guacamole was so fresh and had amazing flavor. All of our food - tacos, burritos and enchiladas (shrimp and chicken) - was equally impressive and flavorful. This was some of the best Mexican food (my son says THE best) we have ever had and we frequent non chain Mexican restaurants and used to live in South Texas. We are still craving the guac.

1  Thank jayneg635

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

What a find. Little place with the Best salsa I have had in a long long time. The rest of our lunch was good. The atmosphere was need and super service. I probably had 4 of the dishes of the salsa. I couldn't stop it was so goooood !

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The salsa that they put on the table is so fresh and amazing with a deep cilantro taste. I litrerally put it on everything.

I order the quesadilla, which is a good portion, the skinny margarita, and the pick 3 items. Everything was fantastic. Some of the staff didnt speak english but i personally didnt care.

Awesome mexican!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Cortez doesn't have a lot of restaurants to choose from, but this one is ok. La Casita is small and doesn't look like much from the outside. However, the inside is better than you might expect and the patio is nice and creatively decorated. The food here isn't great I'm afraid, but for a relaxing meal after a day of driving, it was just fine. And according to the locals I talked with, it's the best Mexican restaurant in town. Also, they do have a pretty diverse menu, especially for a small place. That fact and the great, friendly service bumped it from a 3 to a 4 for me. Most meals are around $12 plus drinks and dessert.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This small restaurant right on Cortez's Main Street has a variety of food at very reasonable prices. It won't blow your mind, but we got a very good Mexican meal with drinks and dessert for two adults and two kids for around $50